- Leidos has an immediate opening for a full-time NATO Special Operations Forces (SOF) Intelligence Subject Matter Expert (SME) and instructor. The successful candidate will work closely with other Leidos team members and the NATO Special Operations Headquarters (NSHQ) staff to analyze, develop, and implement courses and exercises related to NATO SOF intelligence at the operational and strategic levels. The successful candidate will analyze the needs of NATO's special operations intelligence community and then develop and present high-quality solutions for intermediate and senior level personnel. The selected candidate will lead highly-interactive training and education seminars and courses as well as support mobile training, exercises, develop doctrine, and other requirements. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to perform research to support curriculum development and build targeted lessons, practical exercises, and discussions for students who are not native-English speakers. Candidate will be expected to support NATO exercises and readiness events in order to incorporate current lessons observed into curriculum updates. This is a position on unique, diverse, international, and distributed team that offers challenging work that requires someone who is technologically savvy and can work effectively alone or with the team. Position is remote (tele-work from home 75%; 25% international travel). The successful candidate must demonstrate they are diligent 'self-starters' who can excel in a diverse working environment with little supervision or guidance in order to meet SOF intelligence support requirements and deadlines.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on intelligence support to special operations.
- Develop and deliver (instruct) training and educational curriculum based on adult learning and English Second Language (ESL) standards, principles, and procedures
- Serve as a primary facilitator and/or mentor to students or participants during courses, exercises, evaluations, or readiness events.
- Prepare lesson plans, teaching plans, lectures, presentations, briefings, and lead discussions for a vast target audience at various levels in multiple environments (e.g. classroom, syndicate, laboratory, exercises, evaluations, events, etc.).
- Develop and maintain technology based course manuals, exercise/training support packages, software tools, handouts, study aids, and assessments as required.
- Collaborate virtually and in person with team members to analyze and design resident curriculum to meet NATO Special Operations School standards.
- Ensure course materials are maintained, updated, and improved to remain current and relevant and participate in educational quality improvement activities.
- Coordinate and collaborate with members of the NATO Special Operations Headquarters staff on training, education, doctrine, exercises and evaluations related to intelligence support for special operations and integration for SOF.
- Participate in exercises, evaluations or other events as required and incorporate observations and lessons learned into curriculum, doctrine, or training as required.
- Conduct research, collaborate, and develop doctrine, publications, and manuals related to intelligence support to special operations and associated skills/techniques.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE
- Citizen of a NATO member nation and have at least 7-10 years of experience as an intelligence analyst or senior analyst at the tactical and operational levels.
- Service in at least one mid-level assignment/position in a special operations organization with significant direct experience providing intelligence support to special operations (as a member of a deployed SOF task force).
- Current Secret clearance; eligibility for Top Secret is desired. Obtaining a NATO Secret clearance is required upon hiring.
- Experience as a successful classroom instructor/educator.
- Must be skilled in intelligence analysis software, including Analyst Notebook (ANB) and ArcGIS. This position requires currency with ANB and ArcGIS as well as demonstrated ability to teach it to others.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (equivalent is defined as 4 additional years of relevant SOF intelligence experience); Master's Degree desired.
- NATO/NATO SOF experience (or experience with multi-national SOF operations).
- International and/or NATO SOF training and education experience.
- Able to write, speak, and teach in English for and ESL audience, and demonstrate outstanding speaking, writing, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience working as a member of a team.
- Highly capable of operating independently and effectively in a distributed workforce.
- Fully competent with Microsoft Office® suite of automation tools including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, OneNote, and SharePoint.
- This is a telecommuting position
- DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with developing training solutions, scenarios, or simulations to aid training, education, mission preparation, or to enhance technical development.
- Formal education or experience with adult education, education technology, instructional system design, and/or e-Education. Master's Degree desired.
- Experience with Intelligence Exploitation, especially in support of SOF.
- Intelligence experience at the joint force command, joint task force, joint special operations task force, and/or special operations component command.
- Strategic intelligence experience or exposure to civilian intelligence agencies.
- Experience with Intelligence Collection Planning and Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) operations.
- Experience or qualification with a learning management system (LMS).
- Previous collaboration / participation in e-Education curriculum development to meet distance learning requirements. Experience as a solutions architect for e-Education, digital knowledge bases, and digital tools to aid product delivery, education solutions, training support, collaboration, and communications is desired.
- Experience integrating NATO databases and/or family of intelligence analytical tools.
The job does not require relocation; telecommuting is authorized. Travel is approximately 25%, mainly to European locations.