Our Defense team at Leidos is seeking an experienced chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and high-yield explosive (CBRNE) commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and government-off-the-shelf (GOTS) equipment maintenance supervisor in support of US Government stakeholders positioned across the Continental United States (CONUS), Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS), and US territories.
Our ideal candidate will be expected to supervise and execute CBRNE COTS and GOTS equipment calibrations and preventive/corrective maintenance in both garrison and field environments.
This position will be based at Fort Leonard Wood MO.
- Perform and oversee operator, unit, and depot level maintenance and IAW technical manuals, technical bulletins and drawings.
- Provide direct input into an automated logistics management system for work performed, work to be performed, and all equipment technical data as required.
- Schedule, manage, and oversee equipment calibrations and interface with external government and civilian agencies to coordinate calibrations as required.
- Manage equipment warranties and interface with training staff as necessary to facilitate equipment maintenance training to program stakeholders.
- Research and gather relevant project data, contribute to the development of technical documentation and equipment readiness reports, respond to customer inquiries, and verify product technical quality.
- Supervise the technical work of a small team consisting of 5-10 personnel, provide performance feedback, monitor adherence to performance objectives, and communicate with management regarding all employee performance and contract execution issues.
- Use an automated logistics management system to generate, track, update, and close out maintenance work orders, provide reporting as required, and maintain accountability of property.
- Inspect, diagnose, repair, calibrate, and perform quality control for the Joint Point Biological Detection System (JPBDS)/Biological Integrated Detection System (BIDS) and associated equipment.
- Oversee the inspection, diagnosis, repair, calibration, and quality control for CBRNE detection, identification, and response equipment.
- Conduct shelf-life and warranty management for CBRNE detection, identification, and response equipment.
- Complete inspections of the warehouse area and open and track work orders.
- Travel to military sites and conduct/supervise contractor logistics support services.
- Execute annual inventory control audits.
- Complete all required training and maintain certifications.
- Ensure clean and safe working environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 6+ years of professional maintenance experience in civilian or military areas to include CBRNE COTS and GOTS equipment calibrations and preventive/corrective maintenance.
- This position will be located in multiple locations within the Continental United States and outside the Continental United States with expected travel at approximately 50%.
- Small team leadership experience.
- In-depth understanding of the US Army two-level maintenance concept and related automated logistics management systems.
- Specific experience utilizing maintenance tracking systems, executing maintenance in accordance with master work schedules, and implementing lean maintenance practices.
- Experience developing repair parts lists, special tools lists, and maintenance allocation charts.
- Skilled in the Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
- An active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- A current United States passport.
- Work independently, manage time, and adhere to deadlines.
- Effectively communicate to the team, peers, and the customer in words and in writing.
- Specific military CBRNE maintenance, sustainment, operations and support experience.
- Experience supporting CBRNE Enhanced Response Force Packages (CERFP) and/or homeland response entities.
- Experience supporting JPBDS/BIDS/Joint Portal Shield equipment.
- Preference given to those candidates with current CBRNE COTS-related original equipment manufacturer maintenance certification and training.
- Current 49 CFR/IATA certification
- GSA vehicle modification experience.