Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient through information technology, engineering and science. careC2™, a Leidos Health Products and Services business, is delivering on this mission with a next generation care coordination software solution that enables the healthcare enterprise to effectively and efficiently manage the delivery of care. This single, consolidated environment for managing episodes of care with a real-time, common view for all care providers - including patients, families, clinicians and other care givers or coordinators - reduces variation and potential issues as it follows the patient through each phase of their medical care treatment, measuring how well the care providers are performing against and expected outcome. We are re-imagining how we provide visibility, oversight and management of patients across the entire care continuum that is based on consolidated views of the patient's priorities and holistic, actionable insights aimed at improving productivity and enhancing the patient experience.
We seek experienced health care disruptors driven to push the boundaries of what healthcare is and redefining aspects of the industry altogether. We need doers who want to run fast and shape a new product-line business that is well supported by a large, well-established and aggressively growing organization !
careC2™ is growing and we are hiring an Agile Senior Product Owner that is based in Morgantown, WV with experience in the commercial healthcare (or related) industry to support the design, integration, testing and delivery of our careC2™ platform. The careC2™ platform is a healthcare specific, high-productivity productivity application platform as a service (hpaPaaS) that supports rapid application development, deployment and execution in the cloud.
You will play an essential role in all aspects of the careC2™ platform. The Senior Product Owner is primarily responsible for tactical product and delivery decisions, supporting Product Management in strategic platform considerations, including understanding product strategy, developing product feature roadmaps and managing stakeholders.
Other responsibilities include leading the execution and delivery of software releases within an agile software development life cycle process. This position understands and coordinates feature backlog for releases for the platform and their dependencies on each other. Lead the translation of software features into technical requirements (user stories) and follow Agile Scrum based software development. Work with Product Management and Customer Engagement Teams to define release plans and act as single voice on product software releases to assure engineering deliverables are meeting the needs of the business and customers.
We need experienced healthcare professionals who are well versed in "big company" solution delivery and customer implementations, but nimble and agile enough to excel in the ambiguity of a start-up environment. Above all, we need doers who can self-direct and are poised to disrupt and transform traditional healthcare models.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
Assures quality platform and core processes by establishing and enforcing guiding principles and standards that engender trust and reinforce our brand within customer engagements:
- Own the product feature backlog - write user stories and prioritize / manage them continuously
- Lead and manage backlog grooming sessions with Agile teams
- Analyze and capture business requirements regarding application or business process changes needed
- Prioritize integrated requirements to ensure that requirements are complete and documented, and support development of user stories and use cases
- Work with product management, program management and technical leads to clarify acceptance criteria
- Work to identify and resolve impediments or remove blockers
- Work with functional leads on staffing needs and overall resource management
- Implement process, practice and tool standards to allow for multiple paths of delivery; creating simplified, consistent, reusable, efficient and flexible methods
- Recommend improvements and drive alignment across the engineering team
- Manage partnerships with external vendors and all customer implementation teams
- Inspire others to adopt the new processes and improvements
- Ensures consistent quality approaches are applied across product development teams.
- Collaborates with Product Managers, Engineering Leads, Customer Implementation Teams, and Client Engagement Managers; this may include customer interaction.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as required by business conditions or as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 8-10 years of experience
- Master's degree or relevant experience in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 6 years or more of experience
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with architecture and complex system engineering documentation
- Proven knowledge of healthcare systems, designs, and regulatory concerns.
- Practical experience with enterprise or clinical software platform functionally, as an end user or vendor.
- Strong analytical skills and working knowledge of product requirements specifications, quality management and reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer and software implementation strategies.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, in a cross-functional and highly distributed team environment.
- Demonstrated high-level of integrity and business ethics; ability to model expected behaviors across teams.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; ability to interface effectively with the customer and internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with cloud computing environments
- Experience with Health field related enterprise applications
- Experience with using modern mockup user experience design tools