More About the Role:
The candidate provides Systems Security Engineering (SSE) designs and implementation in all aspects of Information Assurance Engineering. Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle; validates system security requirements definition and analysis; establishes system security designs; implements security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures; verifies security requirements; performs system certification and accreditation planning and testing and liaison activities and supports secure systems operations and maintenance.
What You'll Get to Do:
• Balance security, compliance, performance, power and cost for a diverse portfolio of embedded devices.
• Evaluate the security of new product designs and analyze vulnerabilities and threats.
• Support the implementation and administration of information security policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure the protection of systems, applications, and data on NASA NEST.
• Provide professional security services for IA/Cybersecurity in accordance with US Government (USG), and NIST policies and guidelines.
• Provide the necessary support to monitor and ensure compliance with information security policies, procedures and regulatory requirements including assistance with internal auditing, reporting, technical reviews, and identification of security risks.
• Provide technical assistance in support of Cybersecurity inspections and Site Assistance Visits (SAV).
• Assist with drafting, reviewing, editing, and recommending guidance for Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Plan Of Action and Milestones (POA&M), and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
• Support network and infrastructure accreditations.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Requires BS Degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of experience.
• Experience running and managing vulnerability assessment tools.
• Excellent verbal and writing skills and the ability to write clear and concise assessment reports.
• Be able to execute in a high-pressure environment with tight timeframes.
• Prior experience executing vulnerability assessment activities such as vulnerability scans, penetration tests, and application security code reviews.
• Technical security certifications preferred, such as GPEN, CISM, and/or CISSP.
• Displays a proven track record in executing vulnerability assessment activities.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Scripting experience/knowledge (bash, Powershell, VB, etc.).
• Basic understanding of network protocols.
• Familiarity with Vulnerability scan reporting.
• Good Analytical skill set (Root Cause Analysis, analyzing scan data).
• Knowledge of Incident Response procedures, forensics.
• Some/Any programming knowledge.
• Knowledge of how to create or apply GPOs (either local or domain).
• Know different Microsoft patching processes and how they work.
• Knowledge of NAC.
• How to analyze a "quarantined" system and remediate what NAC could not perform.
• Operating System knowledge and/or certifications.
• Industry recognized certification in security (e.g., CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, etc.