Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Operations Analyst at the DISA Command Center (DCC) on Ft. Meade, MD.
The Network Operations Analyst will enable Command and Control (C2) of the Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN) by ensuring its overall health through 24/7 monitoring, directing, controlling, coordination, de-conflicting, synchronizing, and reporting the current connectivity status of the physical layer Transport supporting DODIN to DCC Battle Captains and DISA Current Operations senior leaders.
The candidate will support GSMO Task Order 20.
Provide an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the physical layer of the DODIN and how it supports DISA's mission to provide combat support. The agency provides, operates, and assures command and control and information-sharing capabilities and a globally accessible enterprise information infrastructure in direct support to joint warfighters, national level leaders, and other mission and coalition partners across the full spectrum of military operations.
- Execute in real time, in accordance with mission requirements:
- Tracking of current outages that will impact the DODIN. Examples include, but are not limited to: Fiber cuts, Equipment failures, Facility outages
- Maintain positive knowledge of the status / restoral process of Internet Access Points (IAP), Trans-Oceanic Trunks (TOT), and high level high capacity circuits/trunks and links.
- Provide timely reporting for all reportable outages through published reports that go up through the DCC Battle Captain to the DISA Director and other Senior Leaders.
- Creation of network topologies and arch diagrams as needed.
In accordance with the contractual Service Level Agreements (SLAs), individuals must be able to conduct an initial analysis of reported outages and contact the DCC Battle Captain within 15 minutes of receipt.
This position is a shift work position and could require you to work Day shift, Afternoons, or Overnight, as well as, potentially weekends and/or holidays.
The position is also an active participant in the Contingency Support and the Emergency Readiness Group (ERG) and employees are considered emergency personnel who will perform duty functions at customer off-site facilities within the DC Metro area.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4 years of overall related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with various Microsoft technologies such as MS Office 2013 (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and SharePoint
- Experience with system applications: Global Ticket Management System (GTMS) Remedy, World Wide Online System (WWOLS), NCCM-R, or Telecommunications Certification Office Support System (TCOSS)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills
- The individual needs to be flexible, dependable and be able to multi-task with priorities
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ce.
- Experience with support applications:
- Mission Assurance Decision Support System (MADSS)
- Integrated Network Management System (INMS)
- Direct Connect Online (DCO)
- ITIL V3
- Experience briefing Senior Leaders
- Demonstrated experience of providing excellent customer service