Leidos is seeking a candidate to help coordinate the property management activities of the NASA NEST program. This activity will involve working with the NASA customer, other contractors, and NEST team members to gather information on all of the NASA assets used by the NEST program. This assignment will expose the candidate to all things NASA - locations, equipment, technologies. The candidate will be gather the property information required to support the NASA NEST program. This will require the candidate to use various tools - ITSM system to query the CMDB, database query tools, spreadsheets, etc. - to construct a unified, cohesive picture of NEST property usage.
• Coordinator of the property management solution and data gathering activities. This assignment will provide the candidate with the opportunity to learn about the NASA environments, understand its mission all while helping track the property that makes the NASA NEST program operate
• Create and update as required the processes to track the property usage and disposition.
• Document the process to property management and track. This will include tools used to support the activity and "how-to" instruction on the tool usage
• Recommend tool/process enhancements to help automate the property tracking process. Write scripts, db queries, etc. to support the activity.
• Team with other NEST members to support the property management activities.
• Use the NASA ITSM system, ServiceNow, to gather and update property information.
Typical Education and Required Experience:
• Bachelor's degree and two years' experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
• The candidate must have a very good knowledge of computing system design and architecture - client/server, endpoints, print.
• Ability to organize data into their appropriate roles. Example: What equipment is used by organization X? Is all of the equipment in one NASA site or is it distributed around several sites? This will require the candidate possess good data analysis capabilities.
• Experience in data tool usage. Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must. Database query knowledge (e.g., SQL) is a plus.
• Very good documentation and communication skills. The candidate will be required to gather data, generate reports, and explain how the data was gathered.
• Good leadership/negotiation skills. The candidate will need to work with other teams to gather the information required to support the property data activity.
• A detailed knowledge and Configuration Management Database (CMDB) concepts and usage
• Working knowledge of ServiceNow and/or Remedy
• Detailed knowledge of CMDB updates and reconciliation techniques
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.