More About the Role:
NASA's projects, like its users, span the nation and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a key member of the Project Management Office with Leidos in support of NASA, you support complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
What You'll Get to Do:
The successful candidate will support multiple NASA IT projects, interacting with project managers, development teams, and customer representatives. Will provide high-quality support to Project Managers related to forecasting, schedule, and performance. The candidate will be required to interface professionally and efficiently with external clients and internal technical and administrative staff at varied levels of experience and authority, and will be required to provide detailed and accurate reports and data sets with short turnaround times. The candidate must be familiar with contracting terms and be able to translate standard contract language into work breakdown structures, develop and manage schedules, create cost and resource control conventions, and prepare and explain performance metrics in conjunction with Project Managers. Communicate effectively with all Project Managers and the client to ensure efficient and accurate schedule development and updates. Meet with project team and resource managers as required in development of baseline schedule, updates and recovery schedules. Monitor and status schedule progress. Identify and communicate significant schedule risks to staff and management team. Document identified project risks, mitigations, and outcomes based on input from teams. Routinely monitor and provide awareness of schedule / milestones / deliverables for all project phases.
• Monitor performance, report status and provide necessary documentation.
• Provide metrics and analysis to support forward-looking decision-making based on data.
• Provide planning support to Project Managers.
• Recommend alternative solutions or courses of action that best meet the project's goals.
• Collaborates and assists Project Managers with establishing workload priorities.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships. Frequently communicates with managers and crew leaders regarding emergency situations. Responds to complex customer issues
• Create, monitor, and analyze project schedules in accordance with Government standards of best practice
• Use MS Project files as the source documents for updating milestone graphics weekly
• Upload, link and maintain MS Project schedules
• The Scheduler will assist the project team in tracking and updating schedules from inception to completion of the project.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
-Requires BS Degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years.
• Significant related experience that includes project management and tracking using Microsoft Project.
• Extensive experience maintaining an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
• Strong MS Office skills. Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
• Proficient oral and written communications skills to ensure high quality presentations and reports.
• Ability to work in a cross discipline, integrated product team environment.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Experience working in the NASA environment.
• Familiarity with SharePoint Online.