Candidate must have excellent data analysis, technical analysis, problem solving and interpersonal skills. Preferably, candidate should have previous
experience in designing, developing, maintaining, and executing ETL/data
conversion routines for large, enterprise-scale systems. Candidate should
be experienced with the Microsoft development stack and have very strong T-SQL and SQL Server skills. Knowledge of DoD Property Accountability, DoD Logistics is a plus. Candidate should be capable of multi-tasking, very
detail-oriented, and accustomed to working in a fast-paced and dynamic work
Essential Job Functions:
• Contacts customer to elicit and analyze data conversion requirements and schedule.
• Performs data mapping between current data elements and system standard
• Works with functionals and developers to understand and integrate business
functionality into conversion code.
• Modifies, as necessary, existing data conversion routines and designs, develops, and tests new data conversion routines to meet customers' conversion requirements using technologies including, but not limited to: T-SQL, SSIS, C#, VB.Net, MS Access, Excel, VBA
• Creates mock conversion data and performs test runs of the data conversion.
• Reads database diagrams and can easily determine existing database relationships and data integrity rules.
• Creates validation programs designed to check data in data files and edit data field content and ensure correctness in relation to other data in file.
• Executes validation program against conversion data. Sends error reports and supporting documentation to user to gain their input as to how to correct documented errors. Finds solutions to correct data errors.
• Submits completed data files for final validation check and then load to production environment.
• Performs post-conversion reconciliation to ensure that data was properly converted.
• Contacts users to notify of successful data conversion.
This position will be based in Camp Hill, PA.
Candidate must be a team player with a willing attitude and possess
strong interpersonal skills to be able to interact with team members and senior
managers. Candidate must have excellent problem-solving skills and be
able to perform independent analysis and complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
Position may require travel
Candidate must be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
Required & Desired Education and Certification:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor of Science program with a major in Computer Science or a related discipline is required..
- Information Assurance DOD 8570.01-M certification of IAM Level 1 desired.
- CompTIA Security+ certification desired.
Candidate should have a solid understanding of application lifecycle development and a strong understanding of object-oriented development principles. The candidate must be experienced with the Microsoft suite of development tools and technologies and have very strong C# or VB.NET, SQL Server, and web development skills.
* Required Skills:
Candidate shall be experienced with the following tools and technologies:
• C# (preferred) or VB.NET
• ASP.NET Model View Controller (MVC) or ASP.NET Web Forms
• Entity Framework/LINQ
• Web Services/Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
• SQL Server 2014+ and Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
• XML and JSON
• Microsoft Visual Studio
• Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
* Desired Skills: It is desired that the individual have an understanding of best
commercial practices in information technology and have proven successful
analytical ability with high visibility programs and the ability to assist with
Experience with the following is also preferred:
• Agile software development processes and methodologies
• Mobile development
• Telerik and KendoUI controls suite
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Automated Identification Technologies (AIT)
• 508 Compliance Development/Testing
• Data Warehousing
• SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)/ETL