Leidos is seeking experienced technical writers to contribute to the NASA NEST program. In this assignment, the technical writers will be responsible for creating documentation that aids the NASA end user to support the NASA mission. The technical writers will work with the NASA NEST team to create a wide range of documentation - Knowledge articles to assist the end users in self service, updating operations documents to enhance readability, creating end user focused newsletters, training collateral, etc. - documents that enhance the productivity of the NASA end user and help the NASA mission.
• Creating documentation to aid the end user in performing their mission.
• Work with members of the NASA NEST Team - operations, development, management - to create documentation that benefits the end user. The target audience may be the end user or NASA NEST members that interfaces with the end users (e.g., Service Desk, support staff).
• Utilize their documentation creativity to construct easy-to-read, easy-to-understand, and even entertaining documentation!
Typical Education and Required Experience:
• Bachelor's degree and two years' experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
• Outstanding knowledge of documentation tools - Microsoft Word preferred.
• Knowledge of other documentation formats and editing (e.g., PDF and Adobe Acrobat) is recommended.
• Basic knowledge of the Windows operating systems (e.g., Windows 10) is highly recommended.
• Knowledge of ServiceNow or Remedy is highly recommended.
• Demonstrated experience in creating end user documentation.
• Demonstrated ability to take input from various sources and use it to create easy-to-understand documentation.
• Experience with other documentation tools is a plus (e.g., Adobe Captivate).
• Experience with other documentation and conversion tools is a plus (e.g., Adobe Distiller).
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.