Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has an opening for a Full Time Installation Engineer located onsite in Quantico, VA. The individual in this position will provide onsite after hours support (evenings, weekend, holidays) performing IT Computer Room and Facility Equipment monitoring.
- Perform basic Tier 1 monitoring of QITC computer room and facility equipment and troubleshoot all identified issues, defects, and failures. (Must have availability on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Perform monitoring and readiness checks of datacenter infrastructure and space, as assigned, operating and using monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, StruxureWare, etc. The Contractor shall monitor equipment including IT network components, IT system components, security systems, uninterrupted power supply (UPS) systems, power distribution units (PDUs), computer room air cooling (CRAC) systems, generators, fuel systems, network components, system components, security systems, and other related data center and IT operational systems. The Contractor shall resolve or escalate, and document the status of all identified operational and infrastructure issues.
- Address and report all identified operational and infrastructure issues, and report any observed safety/security issues. The Contractor shall work immediately to resolve all issues identified by using direct or indirect examination and problem solving procedures, performing inquiry that includes contacting VA sites and opening trouble tickets, and submitting service requests for vendor maintenance or services. The Contractor will escalate issues that cannot be resolved immediately by contacting QITC management and QITC-designated datacenter personnel, and by contacting maintenance vendors. QITC will provide Tier 2/3 Points of Contact (POCs) and phone numbers. All issues will be reported and documented on the daily shift-monitoring checklist.
- Communicate through verbal and written communications with QITC management, PMs and staff on a daily basis. At the start and end of each shift, the Contractor will receive or shall provide a verbal knowledge transfer about on-going issues with Contractor or QITC staff that are on-site before or after his shift. The Contractor shall report and discuss on-going issues with these staff, which may include other Contractor staff, QITC PM or his assignee. The Contractor shall also submit a Shift-Monitoring Checklist.
- Meet and escort maintenance vendors in computer room or other areas on the QITC campus during the Contractor shift (after-hours/weekend/Holiday) for infrastructure parts replacement, maintenance, repairs, deliveries, etc. Vendors are to be escorted at all times.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required plus 5 years of experience. An additional 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education.