Leidos is seeking a candidate to serve as a member of the NASA NEST Configuration Management lead. As a member of the configuration management team, the candidate will utilize documented processes and tools to track the assets in the technology-driven, fast-paced NASA computing environment. The candidate will work with other NEST Team members and Leidos program to utilize proven ITIL-based processes to identify tools and processes to support the efficient maintenance of the assets stored in the NASA change management database (CMDB). The candidate will work with NASA and NEST team members to gather the data required to generate timely reports that will enable all parties to get up-to-date views into the NASA and NEST assets. The candidate will use ServiceNow and other tools to verify that the CMDB contents are accuracy and current. This position will give the candidate exposure to the inner workings of the NASA environment through the tracking of the keys assets used to support that environment.
• Serve as a member the NEST configuration management team.
• Learn the tools used to support the NASA NEST environment and use those tools to support the timely gathering of asset data. The candidate can also identify ways to help automate the CMDB population.
• The candidate will leverage their knowledge of IT enterprise infrastructure and the infrastructure elements to help populate the CMDB and its related hierarchy. The CMDB will be stored in the NASA ServiceNow instance.
• The candidate will leverage points of contacts in other NASA organizations to gather the data required to populate the CMDB. The candidate will work with NASA and other contractors to help gather the data required CMDB information.
• The candidate will help generate reports showing the latest status of the CMDB.
Basic Qualifications and Typical Education:
• Bachelor's degree and 2 years' experience or equivalent years of experience. • Working knowledge of ServiceNow or Remedy is required. ServiceNow knowledge is preferred.
• ITIL v3 certification recommended.
• Experience in populating a CMDB, including a knowledge of reconciliation methods.
• Very good knowledge of client-server architectures and data center components - Windows/Linux servers/desktop and macOS.
• Very good communication and documentation skills - required to generate detailed CMDB reports
• Basic scripting experience would be a plus (e.g., PowerShell, Python, etc.).
ITIL v3 certification
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.