Leidos is seeking a candidate to serve as a member of the NASA NEST Configuration Management lead. As a member of the configuration management team, the candidate will help identify ways to track the assets in the technology-driven, fast-paced NASA computing environment. The candidate will work with other NEST Team members and Leidos program to utilize proven ITIL-based processes to help identify tools and processes to support the efficient maintenance of the assets stored in the NASA change management database (CMDB). The candidate will work with NASA and NEST team members to generate timely reports to enable all parties to get up-to-date views into the NASA and NEST assets. The candidate will use ServiceNow and other tools to verify that the CMDB contents are accuracy and current. This position will give the candidate exposure to the inner workings of the NASA environment through the tracking of the keys assets used to support that environment.
• Serve as a lead member of the NEST configuration management team.
• Learn the tools used to support the NASA NEST environment and learn how those tools can be used (or improved) to support the timely gathering of asset data. The candidate will also be responsible for helping identify ways to automate the CMDB population.
• The candidate will leverage their very good knowledge of IT enterprise infrastructure and the infrastructure elements to help create the CMDB and its related hierarchy. The CMDB will be stored in the NASA ServiceNow instance.
• As a member of the configuration management team, the candidate will work across various NASA , other contractor, and the NEST teams to gather the data required data to populate the CMDB.
Basic Qualifications and Typical Education:
• Bachelor's degree and 4 years' experience or equivalent years of experience. • Experience with ServiceNow or Remedy is required. ServiceNow knowledge is preferred.
• ITIL v3 certification required.
• Demonstrated experience in populating a CMDB, including a knowledge of reconciliation methods.
• Detailed knowledge of client-server architectures and data center components - Windows/Linux servers/desktop and macOS.
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills - required to reach across NASA to create relationships to gather required CMDB information.
• Scripting experience would be a plus (e.g., PowerShell, Python, etc.).
• Knowledge of tool integration techniques would be a plus (e.g., ssh, REST, etc.)
ITIL v3 certification
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.