The Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO) assists the FSO in administering and maintaining company security policies and performs as the acting FSO, as needed. Must possess a broad knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Performs a variety of security related tasks.
- Will report to the FSO on all tasks and interface with Defense Security Service (DSS) on security clearance matters, rulings, and interpretations of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and execution of all assigned classified contracts.
- Review coordinate and publish (amend as needed) security program governance documentation e.g. policies, procedures, and Standard Practice Procedures (SPP) manuals
- Support the FSO with the maintenance of FCL documentation in ISFD, and e-FCL
- Process outgoing visit authorizations for personnel assigned to contracts that require cleared access
- Validate the personnel security clearance of new personnel. If required, initiate action for the proper investigation to be conducted.
- Defined, update, maintain and produce reports from JPAS (Joint Personnel Adjudication System) database
- Administer Security Education/Training to cleared personnel
- Administer security education and awareness program so as to indoctrinate new personnel, advise personnel of the adverse effects to national security that could result from unauthorized disclosure, and of their personal, moral, and legal responsibility to protect classified information within their knowledge, possession or control.
- Conduct briefing/debriefing of individuals requiring access as required.
- Maintain an ongoing security education program, e.g. design updates to annual online training, publish security awareness notices, participate in Security Awareness venues
- Administers processes to obtain and maintain Facility Clearance Levels (FCL) and Personnel Clearance Levels (PCL); performs maintenance of appropriate and accurate security folders
- Participates in security self-assessments, Clean desk audits, and DSS Vulnerability Assessments.
- Aid in development and dissemination of Insider Threat Awareness program as required by the NISPOM.
- Advise personnel of their reporting requirements, both personal/administrative and compliance/incident-related reports
- Prepare DD-254 documentation and appropriate security guidance for subcontractors
- Conduct reviews of and recommends modifications to Prime DD Form 254s and Visitor Group Security Agreements (VGSA)
- Prepare Facility Clearance (FCL) Sponsorship documentation for subcontractors requiring new FCLs
- Prepares and authorizes courier orders and cards up to the Top Secret Level
- Maintain access control systems including badging, access levels, visitor badges, and temporary badges.
- Prepare and submit CAC Requests as required, following individual processes across multiple contracts
- Serve as backup for FSO in all areas of security department, if necessary
Experienced as a COMSEC Custodian Preferred:
• Strictly enforce security requirements of applicable Intelligence Community Directives (ICD), National Industrial Security Program Operational Manual (NISPOM), security directives, DoD 5200-1R, and National Security Agency (NSA) Manual 3-16
• Execute security programs for personnel, physical, industrial, and information systems in support of collateral and SCI activities
• Established appropriate government documentation for closed areas storing information and computer systems at the Top Secret level
• Managed personnel security program, duties entailed accomplishing, reviewing, approving, and submitted SCI and SAP nomination packages in accordance with customer requirements
• Established Technology Control Plans (TCP) for foreign visitors when visits are required
• Coordinate with Government entity of foreign military visits, and ensured ITAR documentation was in place for non-classified discussions
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and minimum 5 years of overall experience.
- Possess active Top Secret security clearance, and able to obtain TS/SCI level clearance.
- Strong working knowledge of National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- Completion of FSO Certification Training
- Working knowledge of SF-86, SF-312, DD-254, and other required forms
- Working knowledge of the SIMS database
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.