Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an entry level engineering technician to work on the Cargo Mission Contract (CMC). In this position they will provide semi-professional technical support for engineers working in such areas as research, design, development, testing, or manufacturing process improvement. Work pertains to softgoods, crew provisions, or mechanical components or equipment. This position will support both new hardware development projects and the sustaining engineering.
- Ability to provide technical engineering support and perform steps via work authorizing documents
- General understanding of how to read and implement requirements from engineering drawings and work orders
- Familiarity with the engineering drawings process
- Practical knowledge of mathematics and/or computer science
- Ability to perform work pertaining to softgoods, crew provisions, laptops, printers, or mechanical
- Ability to perform cable and electronic component fabrication utilizing NASA recognized workmanship standards (soldering, harness and cable, etc.)
- Ability to perform simple hands on fabrication and kitting of contract products
- Ability to support multiple projects, prioritize, and accomplish tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and proactive
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and systems. Work cannot begin on the contract without a fully adjudicated security clearance. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, the background check could take 12-18 months to complete.