Leidos is a FORTUNE 500® science and technology solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers, headquartered in Reston, Virginia. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
The Airborne Solutions Operation at Leidos currently has a career opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to work in our Manassas, Virginia office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your skills to help in designing, upgrading and maintaining aircraft modifications on the U.S. Army's Airborne Reconnaissance Low-Enhanced mission DHC-8-300 fleet. The position requires an ability to obtain TS SCI, once hired. 25% travel is also a requirement.
As an engineer, you will assist with all aspects of airframe design work related to aircraft modifications and antenna/sensor mounting provisions. You will learn and know every step involved in the build process, from conceptual design to final assembly and installation on the aircraft. Your hands-on experience in aircraft mechanical systems is essential as well as willingness to work in a shop environment when needed to consult with aircraft production staff. Ideally, you will also have a strong background in machine fabrication to optimize viable designs.
- B.S in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering, with 2-4 years experience
- Ability to obtain TS SCI
- Experience using SolidWorks CAD software
- Experience designing structural components, with composites, machined and sheet metal products
- Strong communication skills for collaboration
- Positive attitude, ability to multi-task and possess strong time management skills
- Knowledgeable on aircraft structures
- Strong manufacturing process knowledge
- Familiar with Military and/or FAA airworthiness substantiation requirements
Referral Bonus Eligible