The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Training / Technical Editor at Joint Base Andrews, Maryland.
Experienced Training/Technical Editor responsible for developing an organizational training strategy, overseeing its implementation, assessing its outcomes, and ensuring high quality delivery of technical/non-technical documentation in support of the AFNCR IT Services program. The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas are: Command and Control; Service Desk; Desktop/Application/Server O&M; COOP; Engineering; and IAVM support. The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment. The Training/Technical Editor will ensure training plans and documentation (operating procedures, work instructions, plans, deliverables, etc.) are in conformance with the performance work statement (PWS) and applicable industry best practices (i.e., ISO, CMMI,ITIL).
Identify program-wide training and developmental needs that build employee loyalty and drive performance/customer satisfaction. Work across multiple departments to get employees up to speed in their specific work-center operations as well as the overall program with the ultimate goal of enhancing employee skills, performance, productivity and quality of work. Review and edit standard operating procedures, work instructions, plans, contract deliverables, presentations, and communications. All documents must adhere to the federal government's plain language guidelines and Leidos' standards for quality, format, and style.
• Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices.
• Develop training instructions for a wide variety of subjects and skill sets.
• Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers.
• Deploy a wide variety of training methods.
• Conduct effective induction and orientation sessions.
• Provide opportunities for ongoing development.
• Monitor, evaluate and report on the training program's effectiveness, success and ROI.
• Resolve any specific problems and tailor training programs as necessary.
• Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders and teams.
• Excellent communication (oral/written), interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively.
• Provide editing, proofreading, and writing support for technical and/or non-technical documents (editing for grammar, punctuation, organization, consistency, and specific audience).
• Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Master's with 6 + years of prior relevant experience.
• Minimum 4 years technical editing/writing experience.
• Experience supporting IT services (i.e., service desk, desktop, network support).
• Proficiency in any of the following quality standards (e.g., ISO 9001-20000 IT Service Management, ITIL, CMMI).
• Designing and executing training programs.
• Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc.).
• Experience with (e.g., Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
• Possess an active DoD Secret security clearance or higher.
• Industry certification in service management (e.g., ITIL).
• Familiarity with Government and DoD IT training policies and requirements (e.g., plain language standards).
• Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint.