Leidos Corporate Accounting team is looking for an Accountant in Tucson - AZ.
In this role, you will be responsible for preparing, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, support schedules, reviewing accruals, fixed asset administration, and other accounting activities as required. The Accountant will learn compliance requirements related to administrative policies, internal controls, accounting policies, etc. The Accountant should possess the skills to identify issues and resolve matter in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting generally with 0-2+ years of experience.
- Familiar with basic accounting principles, specifically, a basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to independently study concepts and policies with the goal of shortening the learning curve.
- Strong computer skills including advanced level experience with Microsoft Excel and a basic understanding of General Ledger software programs.
- Should have a flexible work schedule and the ability and willingness to work additional hours during surge or accounting close weeks.