Leidos has an opening for a Senior Project Management Analyst in the Edgewood, MD area on the Aberdeen Proving Ground South (APG). The Senior Project Management Analyst will manage and execute highly complex specialized projects and processes, be responsible for ensuring contract requirements and subcontractor responsibilities (as applicable) are being accomplished, and implement project planning techniques to provide visibility on the contract. In addition, they will develop budgets and schedules to meet contractual/project requirements for the assigned portion of the program, participate in, establish, and define program plan requirements. The Senior Project Management Analyst will monitor and report performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
- The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing cost estimates for Department of Defense and Army programs, using the ACEIT cost estimating tool, providing in-depth analysis of the estimate, and documenting in detail all components of the cost estimate.
- Additional duties may include developing budgets and schedules to meet contractual/project requirements for an assigned portion of the program, participating in and establishing and defining program plan requirements.
- This position will also include monitoring and reporting performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
- The candidate needs to be able to work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with major impacts to customer decision making.
- The position requires problem solving attributes that could involve complex issues in multiple areas of responsibilities. The position requires the ability to be able to make significant improvements in programs, processes and solutions to enhance results.
- Communication with internal and external team members and management is essential for success, providing constant insightful feedback in the process to the customer and to Leidos management.
- The position requires expert knowledge of cost estimating practices and the ability to apply advanced principles and concepts of the Army cost estimating tool, ACEIT. With the ACEIT tool, the candidate should be able to provide in depth life cycle cost analysis with what-if scenarios, methodology changes and inflationary impacts for all cost estimates.
- The position requires the use of expert knowledge and the ability to apply advanced principles and concepts to the task, project and cost estimate.
- Requires a Bachelor Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience in cost estimating and cost analysis or a Masters Degree with 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Advanced ACEIT cost estimating tool experience with DoD/Army customers.
- Ability to obtain a Government Common Access Card necessary for demilitarization facility access.
- Experience with multiple scheduling tools to include Microsoft Project and Primavera P6.
- GFEBS government financial system experience.