Leidos' Power Delivery Group is seeking an Associate Transmission Line Engineer to join our northwestern team, who will
work as a member of a dynamic team working in a fast paced environment. Must have 1 or more years Transmission
Line engineering experience.
Locations include: Seattle, WA - Portland, OR - Denver, CO
The successful candidate will immediately work in a team, providing technical and project support to the team leads,
responsible to design 115kV-230kV wood structures and associated equipment to replace aging infrastructure across the
northwest. He/she will be responsible for design efforts related to power transmission physical facilities.
He/she may be asked to provide input during internal meetings, prepare PLS-CADD™ models, develop criteria in
design PLS-CADD™ models, prepare foundation calculations, prepare bills of material, obtain client drawings,
assemble construction books, prepare right-of-way calculations, prepare swing and conductor clearance calculations,
produce drawings for structure locations and guy wire arrangements, respond to questions from construction crews on
the design, and possibly visit a few sites during construction.
Required Education and Experience:
• B.S. degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• 1+ years of experience with specific transmission and distribution ("T&D") projects
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communications skills
• Proven ability to work on in a team environment and adapt to project changes.
• Detail and process oriented
• Experience in reading codes, standards, and drawings for use in design
• Located in either: a) Seattle, WA; b) Denver, CO or; c) Portland, OR
• Engineer-In Training ("EIT") professional certification
• Experience with PLS-CADD™, FAD, and Mathcad design software
• Experience with MicroStation® or AutoCAD drafting software (NOTE: no drafting required but nice during reviews or calculations)