Leidos is a FORTUNE 500® science and technology solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers, headquartered in Reston, Virginia. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
The ARL-E is a manned multi-intelligent airborne platform that provides a persistent capability to detect, locate, classify/identify and track surface targets in day/night, near-all-weather conditions, with a high degree of timeliness and accuracy. ARL-E is a multi-year Program of Record supporting the U.S. Army with upgrading and enhancing the ISR capabilities of their airborne reconnaissance fleet.
We are looking for a Program Administrative Support Specialist to support the Airborne Reconnaissance Low - Enhanced (ARL-E) located at Manassas, VA.
The Program Administrative Support Specialist will provide program management support and is expected to manage daily office operations and records management as well as perform a diverse set of administrative duties in support of the ARL-E engineering team.
- Sorting mail, answering phones, greeting visitors, taking messages and maintaining internal/external correspondence
- Monitoring office supplies inventory, coordinating purchase requests and handling shipping and receiving of materials/equipment
- Designing and implementing a filing system for paper and electronic records in compliance with applicable regulations/standards in the aviation industry
- Scheduling meetings with employees, vendors and customers, coordinating meeting logistics, sending out invitations, keeping track of RSVPs, creating and distributing the agenda, arranging for food and beverage service, screening visitors, recording minutes during meetings and distributing them to attendees afterward
- Prepare briefings and presentations for executive level engagements
- Preparing business correspondence, agendas, and presentations, typically using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Initiates the aviation incident reporting procedures in the event of a mishap
- In the event of an aviation related mishap, facilitates sample collection and personnel chain of custody in accordance with Government direction
- Draft manuals, procedures and work instructions
- Focal point for all facility management, repairs and service call coordination
- Coordinating employee travel arrangements and processing expense reports
- Coordinating employee schedules, maintaining training schedules and updating training materials
- In-processing new employees and liaison with Human Resources
- Maintaining a safe and secure work environment
- High school diploma or equivalent, and at least 3 year related experience
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Experience in document control and records management
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- High degree of clerical aptitude and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Exercise good judgment and discretion at all times and be able to interface with all levels of management and make decisions independent of supervisor input
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, co-workers and vendors
- SharePoint and MS Project experience
- Experience with AS9100 quality system
- Understanding of aviation related terminology and operational practices