Leidos is seeking a Senior Learning & Development Consultant to join the Learning & development team in Reston, VA. This position is a full-time role working closely with functional and line management to develop effective and engaging adult learning opportunities for employees.
The Senior Learning & Development Consultant manages the implementation and operation of professional development training
programs, practices and procedures to include:
• Conducting a needs analysis, designing the program, reviewing course content, training materials and documentation and the development and implementation of the program
• Managing internal and external training programs to include acting as liaison to EBO team (HR & employee support) as needed to implement programs
• Working with internal clients and vendors to create solutions that meet client needs. (timing, space, pricing, mode, etc.)
• Maintaining knowledge of and relationships with outside organizations that provide certification/training that benefit our workforce such as CompTIA, PMI, INCOSE etc.
• Enhancing communication and collaboration with clients by providing subject matter expertise as well as responses to employee questions on Intranet
• Work with Solution Center colleagues to leverage technologies that create impactful learning experiences for adult learners
• Bachelor's degree in related HR field and 8+ years related experience; 12+ years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Computer skills, including the Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint, and learning and content management systems
• Ability to work in a virtual environment
• Demonstrated consulting skills partnering with Subject Matter Experts and all levels of Leadership
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and strong team collaboration skills
• Communication skills in visual, oral, and written forms and the ability to clearly explain instructional options, recommendations, and the design rationale to decision-makers and subject matter experts
• Strong customer service skills
• Must have good analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
• Ability to operate independently and communicate effectively with technical staff, peers, and management
• Analyzing learning objectives against program requirements and gathering data for various levels of evaluation and assessment
• Course design for online and blended-learning environments, incorporating technologies into the design and delivery of the courses
• Able to facilitate training, virtual and in-person.
• Evaluating courses and analyzing the of evaluation data to review the courses and their impact on learning