The Defense & Intelligence group at Leidos is actively seeking a Hardware Engineer to join the JS INSS team in Norfolk, VA.
The candidate will be a member of the engineering team responsible for the technical planning, system integration, verification/validation and support for total systems prior to being deployed to the production network. He/she will be supporting equipment and applications in a Microsoft Windows environment, from design through implementation. He/she will perform a wide variety of installation, configuration, testing and upgrading of workstations, servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment. Provides investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure.
• Research and evaluate emerging technologies and services
• Respond to system faults, analyzing and correcting applications or system faults to reestablish service
• Troubleshoot and analyze problems with major systems, including VMware, vCenter Server 5.5, VSphere Web Client, storage, GPO configuration.
• Understanding of virtual applications, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, application delivery via SCCM.
• Maintain and update relevant system and process documentation
• Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all team members.
• Successfully manage time and technical responsibilities, set accurate expectations and meet deliverable deadlines while working in a team and information sharing environment.
• Strong understanding of enterprise, network, systems.
• Understanding of system hardening, tools, guidelines and benchmarks and encryption technologies DoD STIG's.
• High school diploma or equivalent and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience.
• 8570 IAT Level 2 Complaint - Security+ CE, VMWare VCA or Microsoft Server 2012 certification.
• Secret Clearance
• Understanding of scripting or programming for systems management.
• Experience using development environments such as Visual Studio and Eclipse.
• Understanding of databases, i.e. SQL and SQL management studio.
• Understanding of application virtualization and testing with Power Shell or Visual Basic scripts.