Leidos currently has an opening for an experienced systems engineer to provide technical expertise and leadership as an Associate Chief Engineer (ACE) at our Gaithersburg, MD office. The SAS ACE will work closely with the Chief Engineer to provide technical expertise and leadership across the SAS program.
The SAS ACE will serve as one of the key technical POCs for the customer and subcontractor partners. The ACE will provide technical direction to adapt and sustain the eight nine software applications on the SAS program by:
- Chairing the SAS Engineering Review Board (ERB)
- Coordinating the technical resources across multiple scrum teams
- Providing technical input to the SAS technical roadmap
- Coordinating the retirement activities for legacy systems
- Working closely with the SaS SAS program office to address programmatic/technical action items, system transition activities, and ECP proposal support.
- Performing root-cause analysis of problems to identify sources of defects and recommends corrective actions
- An active TS/SCI clearance with Poly is required for this position
- BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience working in the software development, deployment, or maintenance environments
- Self-starter that works well both independently in the agile team environment
- Proven ability to research and solve complex software development, maintenance and operational problems
- Previous experience developing and implementing technical roadmap strategies
- Past experience in a customer-facing technical leadership role
- Past experience designing, architecting, and implementing next generation system architectures
- Experience contributing to government proposals
- NGA domain experience
- Strong leadership skills (within the Leidos team, with the customer, and across the subcontractor and vendors)
- Experience with the capacity and sustainment models employed on the LSC, UFS, and SAS programs
- Experience working with JIRA, Cloud/AWS, Confluence, maintenance/test infrastructure, and virtualization
- Experience supporting sprint planning and sprint execution
- Experience working in Cloud architecture and/or application transitions to the Cloud