Leidos Corporate has an opening for a Payroll Specialist to join our Enterprise Business Operations (EBO) Group in Oak Ridge, TN. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day payroll functions in an efficient, and timely manner under the supervision of Payroll Supervisor and Manager to ensure assigned employees receive on-time and accurate paychecks. The payroll team handles complex union, federal contracting standards, expat, and other special pay situations for Leidos US based employees on missions around the world.
Responsibilities and duties include the following, but are not limited to:
- Calculate, compile and submit accurate information and adjustments into the payroll processing software for assigned employee groups.
- Calculate pay components in compliance with federal, state, and/or local policies and tax guidelines.
- Administer over-payment payroll processing and review of ADP garnishment responses (i.e., court answers).
- Input manual garnishment data received via mail and submit via mail as needed.
- Administer comp leave and manage gross-up/net payroll calculation.
- Create, review, and audit manual checks.
- Prepare manual upload files used in the processing of payroll.
- Provide electronic approvals to ADP Garnishment for states that accept electronic signatures.
- Review court answers for states that require flash signatures, and submit to payroll vendor for processing.
- Generate payroll reports and distribute to assigned distribution lists.
- Update employee tax status as needed as well as information about withholdings.
- Record and respond to employee questions, concerns about payroll and communicate those to the appropriate team members.
- Review escalation issues and communicate to the payroll supervisor as needed.
- Conduct specialized research into issues and provide recommendations for payroll processing and outputs.
- Assist with wage audits, tax reporting and adjustments.
- Distribute payroll cycle reports for each payroll cycle.
- Comply and adhere to multiple payroll policies and procedures.
- Communicate issues and participate in problem resolution/escalation processes.
- Review, coordinate and submit timely manual check requests including sensitive matters such as termination cases.
- Participate and support SOX and other compliance audits.
- Execute payroll pre-audit and post-audit activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED Degree and 3-5 years of corporate payroll experience. Bachelor's degree in Accounting is highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of payroll systems (e.g. ADP-EV5), timekeeping software (e.g. Deltek T&E) and other payroll related technology systems.
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication and administration skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Ability to process accounting functions and formulas in Microsoft Office suite is preferred.
- Ability to assist in advanced ad-hoc project.