Leidos has an opening for a Exchange Server Systems Administrator to support the NASA End-user Services & Technologies (NEST) program. NEST is an IT Services program providing the end user computing needs to NASA. The program provides a range of IT services: On premises and cloud-based Windows and Linux server support, Windows, macOS and Linux desk side support and workstation engineering, managed print services, Active Directory services and Microsoft Exchange support.
The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Operations team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in one of the NASA locations (e.g., Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC), Johnson Space Center (JSC), etc.). The individual will be a lead Microsoft Exchange Systems Administrator and will be responsible for managing the on-premises NEST Exchange environment, supporting the migration to the cloud-based Office 365 (O365), and supporting the user base post-migration. In addition, the individual will be responsible for helping support the OneDrive environment.
The candidate will be a lead contributor to keeping the key communication channel of NASA up and running and will have exposure to NASA programs.
This position requires rotating on call support.
• Manage and maintain the on-premises NASA Exchange environment (NOMAD) and, post O365 migration, the O365 environment.
• Support the migration of NOMAD to the cloud-based O365 environment.
• Help create and then Administer O365 ADFS environment
• Provide support the anti-spam and anti-virus Exchange solutions, as needed.
• Create the process for utilizing OneDrive in a multi-site environment.
• Work in a rapid paced environment
• Define a consistent Windows operating environment to support the smooth operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other administrators, customers and engineers
• Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures
• Define and apply security settings and other commercial security best practices
• Help define how NAS/SAN/cloud-based storage solutions can be integrated into the environment.
• Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule; also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations
Basic Qualifications and Typical Education:
• Bachelor's degree and 8 years' experience or equivalent years of experience
• Very good understanding of Windows Servers in design, configuration and the administration of Windows 2008r2, 2012 and 2016.
• Detailed knowledge of Exchange, Skype and OneDrive.
• Detailed knowledge of SCCM, SCOM, and BigFix.
• PowerShell Script design and coding experience
• Define Active Directory structures and define GPO changes to support new features and enhance end user "ease of use" and administrator productivity.
• System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
• System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools (e.g., SCOM, SolarWinds, EM7, etc.)
• Good written and verbal communications skills
• MCSE certification
• Network knowledge and experience
• ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with ServiceNow
• Detailed knowledge of security settings (e.g., STIGs) of security settings and other commercial security best practices
• Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining virtual and cloud environments
• Completing registry backups, restorations and modifications Group Policy Management (GPO) and application of Local Security Policies
• Managing Active Directory/ADFS and DFS PIV authentication
• Good understanding of operations in a multi-platform environment (e.g., Windows/Linux interoperability)
• Detailed knowledge of SQL clustering and other DB technologies is highly desirable
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.