The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Electrical Engineer to work in Richmond, KY and the Blue Grass Chemical Agent Destruction Pilot Plant (BGCAP) located on the Blue Grass Army Depot. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and expertise to support the United States Chemical Weapons destruction program.
- The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to; performing document reviews, technical research, equipment walk downs, interviews, and providing technical input associated with the Systems Contractor activities to provide the necessary information for the Government to perform their oversight mission.
- Review of Engineering Change Proposals and temporary configuration changes and provide technical input to the Government pertaining to the justification, cost and schedule impacts, and configuration management requirements.
- Support the Government configuration control board and provide technical input to assist the Government in resolving technical issues and interface with the Systems Contractor to collect, review, analyze, and evaluate technical data.
- Review Systems Contractor design documentation and attend ongoing reviews, status meetings, and design discussions and provide technical input to the Government to support their evaluation of the BGCAPP design, configuration management process, and configuration documentation.
- Review Field Change Notices, Field Change Requests, Design Change Notices, Supplier Deviation Requests, and Non Compliance Reports and provide technical input to the Government to assist the Government in evaluating whether the BGCAPP (to include the Main Plant and Static Detonation Chamber (SDC)) design documentation is in compliance with the accepted design and the constructed facility.
- Review test plans, data and reports to verify that the demilitarization plant equipment will meet performance requirements and gather data and information including electrical power usage for the main plant and the SDC operations, water usage for the main plant and SDC operations, natural gas usage for SDC operations, sewage usage for the main plant and SDC operations.
- Requires a BS degree in Electrical Engineering and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 6+ears of prior relevant experience.
- Requires a min of 5+ years of experience in chemical demilitarization process equipment or equivalent experience in material handling and industrial automation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Government Common Access Card necessary for demilitarization facility access.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a NACi Clearance
- Experience with Explosive Destruction technologies
- Experience in Conduct of Operations and Government oversight