No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is currently seeking a Safety Specialist in support of the Training and Delivery Services program at the Center for Domestic Preparedness located in Anniston, Alabama. The Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) is a national training facility that prepares state and local emergency response personnel to respond to all hazards, including terrorist attacks using weapons of mass destruction, by providing hands on training. Training courses provided by CDP provide specific knowledge and expertise for deterrence, prevention and response to Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE), mass casualty, and hazardous materials incidents by providing advanced, hands-on and classroom-based state of the art training.
• The Safety officer will assist the Safety Manager with planning, administrating, promoting, and enforcing a comprehensive Safety and Health program at a FEMA/Department of Homeland Security Federal All-Hazards Training Facility to ensure safe and healthy working conditions in accordance with OSHA and applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
• Assist with the implementation of safety and health procedures.
• Perform continuous research on all federal, state, and local agency safety requirements.
• Submit reports to include, but not limited to, recommendations on safety issues that affect the performance of instructors and participation of students, risk assessments of all classes, injury/illness reports of staff and/or students, Hot Work Permits, staff and student behavior-based observations, and workplace inspections.
• Assist with the implementation and maintenance of employee's Job Hazard Analysis.
• Provide comprehensive safety training to staff.
• Assist with incident investigations.
• Assist with data entry.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to don all levels of PPE for periods of times up to 5 hours.
• Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety, Health, or relevant field of study with 0-4 years of related experience. 4 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Experience in training and regulatory interpretation and implementation.
• Completion of the 30-hour General Industry or Construction OSHA Course.
• Excellent computer, written, and verbal skills.
• Successfully complete Leidos pre-placement screenings including, but not limited to, criminal background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and drug testing,
• Successfully complete FEMA background/security check.
• Complete disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act
• Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
• Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
• 4+ years of relevant experience
• Experience in Behavior Based Safety and Health System
• Experience as an OSHA Outreach Instructor