The group FP&A Director is a key role in the Finance organization responsible for group-wide financial analysis and reporting. This position is responsible for the financial forecasting of revenue, operating income, cash, and backlog for the group on a recurring basis, including monthly actual analysis, fiscal year projections, and the yearly AOP and multi-year strategic plan. In addition, this position will be responsible for the coordination of several group-level F&BO responsibilities, including but not limited to capital planning, indirect budget management, and consistent financial reporting throughout the group. This role reports directly to the Health Group Chief Financial Officer.
• Provide oversight and direction to the Operations' financial planning and analysis teams
• Assist in establishing short- and long-range Group financial goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
• Create forward looking financial projections for all of the accounting statements and accompanying measurements.
• Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and operating forecast
• Measure performance against key AOP metrics such as Revenue, Expense, OI, Cash, DWC and DSO.
• Perform data reconciliation and consolidation, as well as variance analysis.
• Perform multiple financial cost analyses functions, including cost allocation, setting up cost control systems, collecting data, controlling costs and preparing reports that maintain the company's cost accounting system.
• Lead analysis of projects that deliver key insights for making critical business decisions.
• Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
• Maintain or oversee the control of accounts and records in such areas as disbursements, expenses, tax payments, and income.
• Responsible for the support of key weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting deliverables that track and communicate the performance of the business's key metrics
• Responsible for supporting the consolidated planning of all Cash and Balance Sheet accounts.
• Rate management activities, including the creation and support of Forward Pricing Rate Submissions and Audit.
• Responsible for the assessment of Health Group account balances and has a continuous focus on improved accuracy and forecasting methodologies.
• Provide support to the organization in all audits, reviews, data requests, etc. during the current quarter and fiscal year.
• Directly interface with various functions within the Health Group and serves as a key liaison and resource to various stakeholders both internal and external to Health Group.
• Support long-term strategic planning, including process development, presentation creation, and partnering between finance and strategy.
• Ad-hoc business performance reporting
• Develop, prepare and present financial materials to Group and Corporate Finance leadership, incorporating key business insight and recommendations to achieve current and future goals.
• Identify and communicate areas of concern to both operational and financial leadership when identified in a timely manner.
• Work with cross-functional teams including contracts, procurement, revenue accounting, technical accounting, AR, AP, program excellence and treasury organizations.
• Support management team and the Heads of Department with data-driven analysis
• Implement a business intelligence tool and dashboard reports
• Perform business case and ROI analysis.
This position is based out of Reston, Virginia.
• Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. • Proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Expertise in quantitative analysis and presentation.
• Broad experience presenting, interacting and influencing C-level executives
• Familiarity with the Hyperion Financial Reporting tool
• Ability to effectively lead and develop a team of high potential finance professionals, as well as provide direction and oversight to the Operations finance teams.
• Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.