The Senior Systems Engineer will be expected to provide a unique competency in translating business communication issues into technical solutions by applying extensive technical expertise. The Project leadership role includes; tasking, scheduling, monitoring in order to support program activities and to ensure customer requirements are met. Tasking junior members and collaborating with senior Systems engineers on all aspects of network designs, installations and new technology research.
Additional responsibilities can include technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding. Evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
• Continued Provide full spectrum Network Engineering support for customer collaborative network.
• Perform conus site and SCIF surveys. Adhere to and comply with all security guidelines.
• Hardware procurements, network design and implementation, hardware and software configuration.
• Work with customer to complete all COMSEC related hardware and KEYMAT actions.
• Configure and install crypto hardware; perform annual local and remote KEYMAT fills.
• Facilitate semi-annual and annual COMSEC inspections.
• Coordinate with customer ISSMs, ASO and site Program Leads to ensure all aspects associated with a new terminal deployments are delivered and meet security policy.
• Purchase all network terminal hardware in support of each new deployment.
• Configure, install and test all Cisco routers and switches. Configure, install HP Workstations, HP Digital Sender\\Printers, Cisco VoIP and Cisco Video Teleconference Systems (VTC).
• Client\\Server administration support; create user accounts, ACL's and the maintenance of existing accounts.
• Create email accounts and user\\project\\public and shared folders.
• Lead in the design of information and operational support systems Provide 2nd and 3rd level support Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
• BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience or experience in lieu of degree.
• Demonstrated experience configuring/installing HP Workstations, HP Digital Sender\\Printers, Cisco VoIP and Cisco Video Teleconference Systems (VTC), Client\\Server administration support; create user accounts and the maintenance of existing accounts, email accounts and user\\project\\public and shared folders.
• Update digital sender configurations, Call Manager and Cisco Telepresence configurations.
• Full life-cycle engineering experience from developing technical solutions to complex network anomalies to deploying and supporting a customer network in an enterprise environment capacity.
• Hands-on experience as Network Engineer leading all stages of implementation of customer based collaborative network.
• Perform CONUS site and SCIF surveys.
• Adhere to and comply with all security guidelines.
• Hardware procurement's, network design and implementation, hardware and software configuration.
• Interact with senior customer personnel on program and technical issues.
Clearance: Active TS/SCI with Poly
Location: Chantilly, VA