Leidos is a FORTUNE 500® science and technology solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers, headquartered in Reston, Virginia. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
The ARL-E is a manned multi-intelligent airborne platform that provides a persistent capability to detect, locate, classify/identify and track surface targets in day/night, near-all-weather conditions, with a high degree of timeliness and accuracy. ARL-E is a multi-year Program of Record supporting the U.S. Army with upgrading and enhancing the ISR capabilities of their airborne reconnaissance fleet.
We are looking to hire a talented Program Security Lead to manage, implement and communicate government, corporate and program security policies and procedures. The Program Security Lead will interface with Defense Security Service (DSS) on security clearance matters, rulings, and interpretations of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and execution of all assigned classified contracts to ensure protection of sensitive and proprietary information, assets and employees.
As the Program Security Lead you will provide expert knowledge on clearance processing, COMSEC account management, controlled space management, visit certifications and control, classified document control, controlled unclassified information (CUI) management and requirements, to include tactical security operation support. The position is located in the Leidos Manassas, VA office; requires 25% travel and an active Secret clearance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Enforce security requirements of applicable Intelligence Community Directives (ICD), National Industrial Security Program Operational Manual (NISPOM), security directives, DoD 5200-1R, and National Security Agency (NSA) Manual 3-16.
- Execute security programs at the facility and program level for personnel, physical, industrial, and information systems in support of collateral, CUI and SCI activities.
- Manage User Account access to program information systems via DD-2875. Submit and maintain IATO, IATT, and ATOs; Attend internal and external meetings with IPT leads, TO Leads, and the customer; Execute the TASS program for issuance of CACs to program personnel; Maintain Anti-Tamper program and the program OPSEC Plan.
- Establish appropriate government documentation for closed areas storing information and computer systems at the classified level to include all COMSEC accounts.
- Manage personnel security program, duties entailed accomplishing, reviewing, approving, and submitted SCI and SAP nomination packages in accordance with customer requirements.
- Review coordinate and publish (amend as needed) security program governance documentation e.g. policies, procedures, and Standard Practice Procedures (SPP) s manuals.
- Brief senior management on the status of the Facility Security Program and Program Security Functions.
- Manage physical security requirements and implementation of physical security policies to include classified tactical structures and mobile units.
- Maintain Facility Clearance Level status/documentation in ISFD and e-FCL and Personnel Clearance Levels (PCL); performs maintenance of appropriate and accurate security folders.
- Accomplish security self-assessments, clean desk audits, and DSS Vulnerability Assessments.
- Assist Export Control department with International Traffic in Arms Regulations documentation. Establish Technology Control Plans (TCP) for foreign visitors when visits are required.
- Define, update, maintain and produce reports from Department of Defense security clearance system of record.
- Validate the personnel security clearance of new personnel. If required, initiate action for the proper investigation to be conducted.
- Develop and administer security education, training and awareness program to cleared personnel, advise personnel of the adverse effects to national security that could result from unauthorized disclosure, and of their personal, moral, and legal responsibility to protect classified information within their knowledge, possession or control.
- Conduct briefing/debriefing of individuals requiring access, as required. Brief and authorize courier orders and cards for classified levels.
- Maintain an ongoing security education program at both corporate and program levels e.g. design updates to annual online training, publish security awareness notices, participate in Security Awareness venues as well as program security related training requirements (Threat Awareness and Reporting Program, Army Training Certification Tracking System, DoD Information Awareness training, AT Level I awareness, iWATCH Training, and other trainings specific to the contracts).
- Aid in development and dissemination of Insider Threat Awareness program as required by the NISPOM.
- Advise personnel of their reporting requirements, both personal/administrative and compliance/incident-related reports.
- Process outgoing visit authorizations for personnel assigned to contracts that require cleared access.
- Communicate security requirements during proposal efforts.
- Conduct reviews of and recommends modifications to Prime DD Form 254s and Visitor Group Security Agreements (VGSA).
- Prepare DD-254 documentation and appropriate security guidance for subcontractors.
- Prepare Facility Clearance (FCL) Sponsorship documentation for subcontractors requiring new FCLs.
- Experience with T-SCIF's as well as modular/structural SCIF accreditations and operations.
- CSSO/CSSR roles and requirements
- Lead and supervise the Program's Security Team
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 8 years or prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must possess a broad knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Active Secret security clearance. Must be able to obtain TS/SCI security clearance.
- Must possess current Defense Security Service (DSS) FSO Certification.
- Willing to travel and deploy if necessary in support of ground missions (less than 25%)
- Individual must be experienced in working with a dynamic work environment, supporting several tasks at once, with potential for short readlines.
- COMPTIA Security Plus, CASP or CISSP Certification or achievable within 6 months of hire
- Experience with tactical security operations and support
- DSS Security Fundamentals Professional Certification (SFPC) or achievable within 6 months of hire