Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) customer where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The Customer Services Support Manager shall be responsible for the life cycle handling of problem tickets, first call resolution service levels, escalation. The Candidate will provide oversight for the service desk and the teams providing Tier 0 - Tier 2 customer support. Work closely with product teams, engineers and managers to ensure continues service improvements. Act as a liaison between Tier teams to include Tier 3. Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments related to service desk and direct end user support. Establishes goals and plans that meet project and end user support objectives.
• Managing and motivating a team of service desk specialists who receive assigned incident tickets, phone calls, emails and other communications from customers requesting technical support for related desktop, laptop, peripherals, application and IT related issues.
• Supervising the day-to-day operations of the service desk. Identifies, researches, and resolves complex technical problems. Creates and manages escalation procedures and ensures service levels are maintained.
• Directs and controls service desk and end user support activities for a customer, having overall responsibility for staffing and management to ensure that technical and service performance requirements are met.
• Documenting, tracking, and monitoring problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
• Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Specialists (Level 1 / 2 /3) including career development.
• Developing strategies for Service Desk and overall IT performance improvements for Tier 0 - Tier 2.
• Work closely with Tier 3 teams and engineers to improve collaboration and communication between teams and knowledge share.
• Supervises staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems
• Serves as point of contact to address escalated inquiries.
• Adhere to and support service level metrics that can include, average handle time, response accuracy, and quality metrics.
• Reviews individual performance and provides direct feedback to employees regarding performance.
• Conducts regular coaching and feedback sessions with team members, and when necessary, prepares and delivers disciplinary actions and recommends terminations.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of program and agency regulations and policies and support those policies and procedures.
• Adhere to policies and procedures as they relate to the confidentiality of information and protect personal identifiable information (PII).
• Ensuring that all support requests are well documented in the IT ticketing system from the creation of the ticket to the successful resolution.
• Managing and improving the IT knowledge base system.
• Working with IT support team resources to ensure proper processes are created and followed to inform, track and support our customers.
• Communicating with internal customers, team members and management regularly during all aspects of service desk operations and ongoing technical issues. Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the client organization.
• Creating and managing reports to upper level management about all aspects of Service Desk performance management including KPIs, SLA status and trends.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• B.A or B.S. degree with minimum 12 years of relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of work experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
• At least 8 years of experience directly managing service desk and leading continuous improvements in service delivery.
• Intimate knowledge of CMS environment and the end user requirements and needs strongly desirable.
• Experience in successfully motivating team that drive continuous improvements acting as a liaison between Tier 1 - Tier 3 teams.
• Strong supervisory and customer service skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Must have demonstrated excellent listening, interpersonal, and leadership skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks.
• Proven ability to work as a team member is required.
• Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
• Effective supervisory and leadership skills, with focus on coaching agents to deliver a superb customer experience and rewarding and recognizing contributions to team success.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.