The Logistics & Mission Support operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Project Manager to work at Fort Huachuca in Arizona. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the INSCOM G4 mission.
• Plans and organizes the management of a project or series of smaller projects or a definable piece of a larger program for successful completion and performance consistent with contractual requirements, government regulations and program objectives.
• Oversee and monitor project financial status and performance to maintain contract budget guidelines and schedules.
• Acquires follow-on business associated with established programs or supporting new business development by leading major proposal through subordinate project managers.
• Develops and executes strategic plans and objectives.
• Analyzes performance under contracts to ensure proper utilization of manpower, materials, funds, facilities, and equipment.
• Monitors selected contracts to verify contractual and company objectives are met and provide site assistance when necessary.
• Implements project plans by directing and coordinating project functions in the performance of contracts/orders assigned.
• Establishes division policies, practices, and revisions to existing policies and practices as required to meet company, contracts and order requirements.
• Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and other practices set forth by upper management directives.
• Maintains customer contacts and visitations to ensure mature relationships.
• Provides leadership, objectives, incentives and attitudes to assigned staff that leads to a quality project.
• Oversee projects based on performance, schedule, quality and operating costs.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and 10 years' experience as a project manager.
• Knowledge of the functions and operations of major U. S. military commands.
• Complete understanding of contract cost and pricing principles that translates efforts in achievements especially in acquiring new and follow-on business.
• Excellent communication, effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of various computer programs (i.e. Power Point, Excel, Word, and Project).
• Advanced leadership and decision-making skills to effectively lead cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.