Leidos' Power Delivery Group is seeking a Transmission Line Engineer to join our northwestern team, who will work as a
member of a dynamic team working in a fast paced environment. Must have 3 or more years Transmission
Line engineering experience.
Locations include: Seattle, WA - Portland, OR - Denver, CO
The successful candidate will immediately serve as an Engineer to design 115kV-230kV wood structures and associated
equipment to replace aging infrastructure across the northwest. He/She will apply client standards as well as NESC,
NEC, ASCE and other applicable industry documents in the engineering and design of the new infrastructure.
He/she may be asked to provide input during internal meetings, prepare or review PLS-CADD™ models, develop or
review criteria in design PLS-CADD™ models, prepare or review foundation calculations, prepare or review bills of material,
assemble construction books, proof read specifications, prepare right-of-way calculations, prepare or review swing and
conductor clearance calculations, produce or review drawings for structure locations and guy wire arrangements,
respond to questions from construction crews on the design, and possibly visit a few sites during construction.
Required Education & Experience:
• B.S. degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• 3+ years of relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communications skills
• Proven ability to work effectively in team environment; can also work independently
• Understanding use of industry documents, like NESC and ACSE, or utility developed standards in design.
• Detail and process oriented with the ability to produce and review calculations.
• Proficient with PLS-CADD™ and FAD design software.
• Located in either: a) Seattle, WA; b) Denver, CO or; c) Portland, OR
• Engineer-In Training ("EIT") certification or Professional Engineer (P.E.) license
• Experience with NERC clearance remediation or structure replacement projects
• Experience with Mathcad
• Experience with MicroStation or AutoCAD drafting software (NOTE: no drafting required but nice during reviews or calculations)
• Understanding of material associated with transmission line hardware, structures, and foundations