Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) customer where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
As an Information System Security Engineer, you will provide security support for the CMS ECIS program which includes all aspects of End Point security. You will work with other security professionals in developing and implementing strategies to detect and mitigate threats to information systems, protect critical data sets, and provide assessments of system vulnerabilities. You will be responsible for analyzing threats and develop and implement best practice methodologies for incident detection, reporting, and vulnerability remediation.
You will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements.
- Evaluate the security of end point systems using various tools such as Nessus and Kali.
- Operate a McAfee ePO and Checkpoint servers.
- Work with End Point engineering team to make sure baseline changes still meet security requirements.
- Implement new End Point security tools.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Assurance, Computer Science, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university and minimum 5 years of relevant experience or Masters with minimum 2 years of relevant experience. At least 3 years of relevant professional experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree (i.e. minimum of 8 years of relevant experience).
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with at least one of the following (preferably more): Security Center, Nessus, McAfee ePO, Windows Active Directory, Windows 10 Security, and Full Disk Encryption.
- Experience formulating and assessing IT security policy.
- Experience developing/implementing integrated security services management processes, such as assessing and auditing, vulnerability scanning, anti-virus planning assistance, risk analysis, and incident response.
- Must be committed to developing and adhering to best practices.
- Must be a solutions-oriented team player, and must possess a high level of self-initiative.
- Must be a good communicator and have excellent interpersonal skills.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- Experience administering security tools.
- Experience in End Point/workstation security.
- DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level II or higher.
- Past or current experience working as an ISSE on a government contract.