Leidos offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven
business acumen. Building our work for publicly and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments, we are able to
provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
We are seeking a Transmission Line Project Engineer in Framingham, MA, Chicago, IL, Novi, MI, or Orlando, FL who will work as a member of a
dynamic team working in a fast paced environment, solving challenging problems involved with electric transmission.
The successful candidate will serve as an Engineer on electric transmission line design projects for high-voltage (HV) and extra high-voltage (EHV)
overhead and underground systems for some of the largest utilities in the country. He/She will apply NESC, ASCE, ACI and other applicable standards
in the engineering and design of electrical overhead and underground systems, voltage conversion projects, new capacity projects, and infrastructure
replacement projects. Additionally, he/she will perform engineering analyses, prepare bidding documents, draft plans and specifications, and prepare
material procurement and construction documents. This will involve working with a multi-person Leidos team and interfacing with clients, project planning,
environmental, permitting, and construction management personnel.
Required Education & Experience:
• B.S. degree in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
• 4+ years of relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems
• Experience using PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, and/or TOWER
• Work effectively in team environment; can also work independently
• Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work in client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel may be required
• EIT or PE certification is desirable
• Experience with LPile or FAD, MathCAD, AutoCAD or Microstation, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus