Leidos currently has an opening for an Arabic Editor. This position requires possession of a current TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE.
- Responsible for ensuring the readability, proper grammar, and basic content of material.
- Responsible for disseminating a quality product by the required deadline.
- May determine methods and procedures to be used on new assignments and provide guidance to other personnel.
- Must be able to adjust to constantly changing priorities and demands.
- Frequently interacts with customers and/or functional peer group managers.
- May interact with senior management.
- Interactions normally involve matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- A test will be given to assess editing skills.
- ACTIVE TS/SCI w/ Polygraph. Candidates must be familiar with cable and IC report writing styles.
- Strong briefing and writing skills are a must as well as the ability to work well with teams or individually with minimal supervision.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires a BA degree in English or journalism , or equivalent experience and training, and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience in editing or writing within the Intelligence Community , or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Editing experience and must possess excellent writing skills.
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Arabic language is preferred.