The successful candidate will conduct study enrollment, recruitment, and follow-up activities in support of this large, long-term survey study of outcomes after injury. These activities will include - but are not limited to - enrollment and follow-up mailings and phone calls; tracking participants for long-term follow-up; preparing mailing lists and using mail merge; keeping track of study supplies; interacting with study participants to answer questions and provide materials as requested; administration of study surveys online, over the phone, and via mail; and answering the project phone and returning emails sent to the project email address. The candidate will also assist study staff with the preparation of study presentations and manuscripts, literature searches, and other tasks as required. Due to involvement in research, if the candidate is interested there is the possibility of co-authorship on scientific presentations and articles.
The selected candidate must be reliable and able to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently, and complete assigned activities on schedule with a strong attention to detail. The selected candidate must also possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with study staff and to provide exceptional customer service to study participants. The successful candidate will work closely with a small, dedicated research team focused on this project. However, the Naval Health Research Center provides a work environment with a wide scope and range of expertise, as well as a collaborative atmosphere.
- Mail survey reminder letters weekly to current study participants.
- Make daily study reminder phone calls for participants that have not completed their assessment.
- Generate mailing lists and print, collate, and assemble study mailings in large batches for enrollment and retention of participants.
- Log all study contacts and update participant information as required in the online study software system.
- Process and log all returned study mailings, and follow up on bounced project emails and text messages.
- Provide study materials and information to current and potential participants, and answer questions in a friendly manner.
- Answer the project phone, review and return messages left in the project mailbox, and answer emails sent to the project email address.
- Assist with quality testing study software.
- Assist study staff with other tasks, such as printing materials, literature searches and reviews, providing ad hoc reports, and other clerical duties as required.
- Strong communication skills, along with customer service and phone etiquette.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with MS Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, Word).
- U.S. Citizenship a requirement.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience preferred
.Knowledge of and experience with handling sensitive information.
Experience with research.
Experience with the culture of the U.S. military.