IT Graphics and Writing Specialist
- Are you a creative and IT-savvy individual who can create compelling narratives and stories in a variety of mediums?
- Can you create eye-pleasing graphics, slides and documents?
- Do you have a knack for translating tech-speak into language that non-technical people can understand?
- Are you interested in working on a corporate IT team whose focus is on supporting employees across a global enterprise?
- Would you like to work for a company whose mission it is to make the world safer, healthier and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science?
TEAM AND MISSION
We are the Chief Information Office (CIO) Services Customer and User Engagement team at Leidos. We provide Leidos employees with the information and support they need to make their IT experience efficient and effective. We are an internal-facing team that provides communications, engagement, documentation, usability support for all facets of IT. We are a creative and hardworking team. We help our fellow employees, whether it be through preparing them for a new system via communications and training, providing support on an existing system, or improving processes so that they can focus on their business objectives.
We are seeking a new team member to help us develop executive level communications.
You are a Graphics and Writing Specialist with a background in IT. As a writer, you can review, edit and organize IT content into executive-level briefings. You have graphic design skills to create charts, tables, and other visual materials. Topics such as cybersecurity, enterprise applications, business management, infrastructure and mobility are familiar to you. As an individual contributor, you will work with a geographically dispersed team of IT project managers, service lifecycle managers, executives and engineers to support strategic and executive-level communications and materials.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Create executive level slide presentations for executives within CIO Services
- Develop graphics for presentations and other communications materials
- Write strategic communications and prepare compelling slide content
- Partner with technical writers on standards, processes, style guides and developing documentation.
- Work with team members to design simple training and communications materials for rolling out new IT services.
- Enhance the reputation of IT within Leidos by improving the quality of services and the way that employees interact and use IT.
We are looking for someone who is a critical thinker and a self-starter. You maintain a positive attitude and are a standout colleague. A keen eye for details, especially when it comes grammar and spelling, is required.
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications or relevant field and 2-4 years of prior experience as Communications Specialist
- Experience in graphic design, copywriting, and editing
- Solid understanding of IT and business management
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities