Leidos has job opening for a Information Assurance Engineer Summer Intern in Reston, VA.
Leidos is seeking a cybersecurity intern in in Gaithersburg, MD, Reston, VA, or Orlando, FL to help our Corporate Information Security team. In this role you will help to ensure the continued accreditation of operational networks and security of business operations. Additionally you will work with other Groups to improve their information security postures by ensuring the consistent application of Leidos policy and procedures.
There is so much more to a career in cybersecurity than the stereotypical images of hackers and overworked IT professionals. Our mission at Leidos is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. Our work provides an immediate impact in the real world, here are some examples:
• Building resilient cybersecurity for next generation nuclear power plants
• Developing data analytics solutions for IT, operational technology (OT), and IoT systems
• Defending networks for the United States and our allies
• Providing cybersecurity services for hospitals so they can focus on clinical outcomes
• Developing cutting edge technology with embedded security to minimize vulnerabilities
• Testing and evaluating software and systems to validate their claimed security features
• Designing policies, procedures, and standards to improve security across technologies
Leidos has a world-class Security Intelligence Center which is responsible for combating threats to protect our customer's most critical missions. Leidos is an active and long-term partner of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and other federal agencies that are at the forefront of combating threats in the .gov domain.
Come join us for a rewarding experience alongside talented cyber professionals who can help you achieve your career goals!
In the Cybersecurity Internship Program, you will have the opportunity to participate in:
• Team-based work
• Impactful, challenging, and rewarding projects
• Mentoring, training, and professional development opportunities
• Promote a strong security culture by working with the business to define security requirements and support new initiatives.
• Compile security metrics to explain vulnerability posture, patching plans, and overall security posture.
• Provide regular, timely reporting on the information security status across the supported business groups.
• Assess and approve requests for website block/un-block and elevated system privileges.
• Assess information system security requirements, functionality, and the effectiveness of security solutions against present and projected threats.
• Assist Groups in managing and preventing cyber incidents.
• Actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity, Information Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related degree, and have completed at least three years of an undergraduate curriculum or two years of experience and maintained a minimum 3.0.
• The following may be considered in lieu of pursuing a degree: Cybersecurity related training/certifications, Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) from top universities or institutions, experience, soft-skills, and passion for cybersecurity.
• Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication.
• Demonstrated leadership or cyber skills gained from student clubs, community involvement or work experience.
• Fundamental understanding of networking, infrastructure, software development, and application technologies.
• Understanding of basic cyber threats such as phishing, ransomware, and social engineering.
• U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Knowledge of securing network technologies, client, and server operating systems
• Understanding of different threat actors such as the Advanced Persistent Threat and the threat landscape.
• Desired soft skills
o Analytical mind with creative problem solving ability
o Critical thinking
o Curious and agile learner
o Detail oriented
o Desire to learn how things work
o Early adopter of new technology
o Ability to clearly and concisely summarize information