More About the Role:
NASA's projects, like its users, span the nation and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Project Manager with Leidos in support of NASA, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
What You'll Get to Do:
Leidos is seeking an accomplished Senior IT Project Manager with the proven ability to successfully execute highly complex, multi-disciplinary projects. The successful candidate will manage projects throughout their entire lifecycle as part of a large, complex organization. Will deliver results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services across the NASA Agency. Will collaborate with a diverse workforce within a matrix environment and be able to communicate effectively in obtaining and synthesizing requirements from external stakeholders, while working with the team to implement new technical solutions leveraging advanced concepts. Will manage resources, budget, schedule, customer engagement, and ensure high end-user satisfaction. Additionally, the candidate must possess strong creative, communication, and collaboration skills.
• Leads, manages and integrates day to day execution of project activities in accordance with contract requirements and ensures technical, schedule, cost, and financial
• Defines project baseline then executes the program to comply with baseline requirements.
• Manages risk, customer and key stakeholder relationships.
• Ensures compliance with quality standards and escalates challenges to leadership.
• Supports project staff management.
• Serves as the primary customer contact for the project.
• Champions performance excellence and continuous service improvement.
• Interfaces with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Requires a BA Degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of experience.
• PMP Certification Required.
• Proven experience successfully managing budgets, schedule, and resources.
• Experience working with Agile software development methodology.
• Experience leading a matrixed team leveraging Agile/Scrum concepts.
• Familiarity with organizational change management including end user training.
• Experience creating and implementing plans per project goals and objectives.
• Demonstrates a high degree of customer service and team work.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Working knowledge of project management concepts as defined by PMI.
• Knowledge of ITIL concepts.
• Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• ITIL v3 Foundations Certification.
• Experience working in the NASA environment.
• Experience with: ITSM, CMDB, Service Catalog, ITIL.