Job Requisition:Information Technology Program Manager
Information Technology Program Manager
The Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation of Leidos is seeking an IT Program Manager for our Morgantown, WV location, contingent upon award. The IT Program Manager is responsible for interfacing with customer stakeholders and partners and for analyzing and directing all IT related activities of the organization with supervisory responsibilities for all staff assigned to the IT department, including Help Desk, End User Services, Operations and Maintenance, IT Governance, and Cyber Security. The ideal candidate will be experienced in working closely with decision makers to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions and cyber security requirements for all aspects of the organization. The candidate will be well versed with all applicable Federal and Department of Energy (DOE) regulations. The candidate will provide direction and program leadership, test innovative concepts for further exploration, and implement solutions that extend capability of a customer with geographically dispersed staff. Travel may be required.
- Oversee and guide a team of more than 50 FTEs to ensure high-quality, timely performance including all aspects of daily tasks, performance, technical skills retention, training and professional development, and adherence to core values and ethical standards
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment
- Ensure cyber-security compliance with federal cyber security policies and procedures
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop processes to provide the highest level of IT customer service, ensure customer satisfaction and continually improve IT service delivery
- Demonstrate consistent, sound, independent decision-making and an aptitude for producing thorough, accurate, and clear documentation of business needs
- Lead the IT department’s operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources
- Share repeatable processes and deliverables that can be leveraged across multiple projects to increase delivery speed and reduce costs
- Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review
- Contribute to an environment that fosters collaboration and teamwork through sharing experiences, information, perspectives, skills, and expertise
- Work closely with the customer to ensure successful completion of assigned projects, all parties are working in sync towards goals and the customers future needs are understood
- Mentor aspiring lead engineers ensuring a culture of technical vitality within the program and organization
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a relevant technical discipline with 12+ years of related experience
- Experience in managing end-user support, help desk, and technical operations
- Demonstrated experience delivering technical reports and plans (verbal/written) to executives and senior officials within DOE
- Experience with all components of the ITIL framework
- Possess relevant industry certifications in areas such as project management, cloud technologies, computer platforms, systems and networks, data services and/or security
- Currently possess an active Q clearance or Top Secret Clearance
- DOE site experience strongly preferred
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical discipline
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.