Job Requisition:Media Monitoring Trainer
JOB DESCRIPTION:The Mission Support Operation is currently soliciting experienced Trainers to support a language services contract supporting an Intelligence Community customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). Trainers will provide training and feedback to a team of virtual linguists, editors, exploitation specialists, and a program manager. The trainer will be responsible for instructing personnel on customer product types, policies and standards, program systems, research techniques, analysis methods, and security. The trainer will develop and deliver training for new employees, as well as refresher training and new training when new requirements are released. The trainer may also assist with finalizing products prior to submission to customers. Trainers may also provide ad hoc editorial and operational support. Languages Supported: Any and all languages of Africa; East Asia and Pacific; Europe and Central Asia; Latin America and Caribbean; Middle East and North Africa; South Asia.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:Job Description:The trainer will develop and maintain a training plan that ensures understanding of customer's requirements, standards, policies, methodologies, and tools, and the ability to use program systems. The trainer will also present recommendations on additional necessary training, work with the program manager, editors, and senior linguists/team leads to identify, plan, and deliver necessary training -- live or virtually -- for individual personnel, and maintain training records and statistics. The trainer will also be responsible for reviewing, editing, and publishing products developed by linguists in training to ensure product conformance with customer standards. The trainer may develop individual or group focused or remedial training, as necessary, and will make recommendations to management and team leads regarding the work of specific linguists and areas for improvement. Trainers may develop quality-focused reference materials on a regular basis.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- US citizen
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Have native-level oral and written fluency in English
- Have at least 3 years of professional training experience
- Have experience developing and delivering training using virtual platforms; be able to develop memorable training that addresses needs, gets the workforce up to minimal standards within a short period, and provides for constant improvement; be able to think creatively to address such needs
- Have the ability to review and edit translated media to ensure its accuracy, correct syntax and expression usage, and the correct use of the English language
- Have strong critical thinking skills, sound judgment, very good Internet research capabilities
- Have excellent communication, organizational, and writing skills in English
- Be able to adjust to constantly changing priorities and demands; exhibit great flexibility to meet requirements, often in high-pressure situations
- Have the ability to provide corrective and constructive feedback to linguists
- Be able to work as an Independent Contractor (IC) in their country of residence/telecommuting
- Be proficient in MS Word and Internet research
- Have access to reliable Internet and cable services.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a virtual team
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal formats to a variety of audiences
- Have a bachelor’s degree or and 5+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Previous experience working in traditional or non-traditional media (e.g., radio, TV, newspaper, press agency, Internet) or journalism
- Previous experience working as a linguist
- A working knowledge of a foreign language
- Experience editing, technical writing, or related experience; significant regional/cultural expertise
- Experience with Human Language Technology (HLT) such as computer assisted translation (CAT) tools, post-edited machine translation, and adaptive machine translation tools.
- Leads, directs and reviews the work of other trainers, editors, and translators through the completion of the onboarding program
- Manages training development and implementation processes or projects