Job Requisition:Data Integrity Specialists
JOB DESCRIPTION:The Mission Support Operation is currently soliciting experienced Data Integrity Specialists to be part of a Data Exploitation Technology Team for a language services contract supporting an Intelligence Community customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). The Data Integrity Specialist will manage data from source of collection into Government and/or contractor's computer systems for storage, processing, and exploitation purposes, while enabling efficient data management and information discovery. The data may result from Human Language Technology (HLT) activities that incorporate Computer Assisted Technology (CAT) tools, post-edited machine translation, adaptive machine translation, speech-to-text, and other advanced HLT capabilities; and data analytics activities that enable more efficient, timely, and in-depth understanding of trends, patterns, and relationships in large, diverse vernacular dataset. Languages Supported: Any and all languages of Africa; East Asia and Pacific; Europe and Central Asia; Latin America and Caribbean; Middle East and North Africa; South Asia.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The successful candidate will perform a variety of data analytics tasks, including monitoring and flagging errors in technology-based/automated collection (e.g., missing or duplicate items, transcription drops within items), and coordinating corrections to those errors; preparing, compiling and sorting documents for data entry; combining and rearranging data from source documents where required; transcribing information into required electronic formats; scanning documents into management systems or databases.
- To ensure data quality, the Data Integrity Specialist also checks source documents and completed work for accuracy; verifies and corrects data where necessary; and maintains records of activities and tasks.
- The Data Integrity Specialist responds to requests for information and accesses relevant files, and ensures compliance with data integrity and security policies.
- Some positions may be required to possess intermediate foreign language skills (IRL level 3/3+).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- US citizen
- 2 year technical degree or 3 years of experience related to data management, engineering, or quality assurance
- Have an in-depth understanding of data management and engineering
- Understand techniques and approaches to ensure data quality and integrity
- Ability to use computer-based tools for technology-based/automated collection
- Ability to work with technology-based data collection in a variety of formats, such as HTML, JSON, XML, REST
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a virtual team
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal formats for a variety of audiences
- Bachelor's degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Taken training or coursework in digital curation, metadata, digital libraries, electronic records management, big data analytics for the Web and text, ontologies, data semantics, information visualization, digital publishing standards and systems, and data management for big data
- Experience with Human Language Technology (HLT) such as computer assisted translation (CAT) tools, post-edited machine translation, and adaptive machine translation tools.
- Intermediate foreign language skills (IRL level 3/3+)