Job Requisition:Sr. Active Directory Engineer
The Senior AD Engineer position is a highly visible position to ensure the Active Directory (AD) architecture is sized, scaled for the future, and structured to provide high availability to meet the service level agreements for the FDA customer. The Senior AD Engineer must identify risks, with associated mitigation plans provide a plan for growth of the network for future upgrades, and collaborate with peers and other key staff and customers to ensure a reliable and robust AD architecture is established and maintained. The candidate will be responsible for the operational support of the Active Directory environment. - This role requires an in-depth knowledge of the Active Directory, DNS, SCOM\SCCM, group policy and a proficiency in PowerShell scripting. - The candidate must have demonstrated prior and active experience in managing Active Directory including diagnosing complex replication, group policy, and multi domain issues. - Additionally, the candidate will research, analyze, evaluate and integrate as necessary new and emerging technologies in order to find ways to deliver a superior IT environment to the bureaus in a cost effective and secure manner. - The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department’s equipment modernization program. - The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast- paced environment.
The Datacenter Contract supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) organizations to provide critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. The datacenter supports systems that continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to respond to customer needs and issues. The person in this position will work directly with the FDA senior leadership team and the Leidos Health Systems program leadership team to ensure success of all aspects of the program including vendor recommendations and solutions, cloud architectures, and other network support responsibilities in a large scale datacenter environment. This position is contingent upon contract award.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Senior AD Engineer position include but not limited to the following:
• Coordinate efforts to ensure Microsoft Active Directory services solution for authentication and authorization
• Drives operational excellence and customer satisfaction across the team
• Recommends and evaluates incremental improvements to increase service delivery to end users
• Resolves and appropriately completes assigned cases and change requests and acts as an escalation for support issues.
• Works alongside the program manager and other datacenter management to determine the technical goals of the program and works with program stakeholders to refine those goals into executable objectives.
• Devises plans and drives execution of each phase of the program objectives and innovation projects.
• Performs quality control checks, ensuring the effectiveness and reliability of the network systems, tools, and products.
• Evaluates the engineering costs to identify efficiencies and improved ways of delivering service to the customer.
• Negotiates with stakeholders (Vendors, Customer, etc.) to generate ideas and clarify specifications.
• Delegates tasks as necessary to engineering team and maintains accountability for results.
• Builds strong professional working relationships with stakeholders to resolves disputes, define technical solutions, and drive positive change within the program.
• The ideal candidate may have multiple people supporting them but will be required to work with external stakeholders to achieve program objectives. This would include the issues, risks, dependencies, and making sure action plans are documented and executed accordingly.
• Be responsible for working with the customer and external stakeholders (industry leaders, vendors, etc.) to accomplish program goals in which we are dependent on them completing tasks.
• This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively brief FDA government customers.
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyzes for total systems across the FDA network.
• Assist in the planning and performing of analytical research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
• Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with no supervision.
• Some travel (< 20%) may be required.
- Experience operating and maintaining domain controllers with overall system administration of Active Directory (AD) infrastructure
- Experience responding to and troubleshooting AD integration efforts with external systems
- Experience managing/configuring Active Directory (AD) Attributes, LDAP Queries, PowerShell Scripting to Modify AD Attributes, Group Policy Analysis, GPO Configuration & Item-Level Targetin
Experience supporting incident management, problem management, and integrating new technologies into these processes.
- Certifications: COMPTIA Security + CE, MCSA/MCSE 2K8 or 2K12
Education: Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years of relevant experience
- FDA customer experience and knowledge of their organizational structure
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and experience evolving to Agile development lifecycles
- Familiarity with FDA processes.
- Microsoft and/or networking certifications.
- Ability to apply ITIL v3 Foundation or higher concepts within the workplace.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Demonstrated Cloud deployment models and related experience (Private/Public/Hybrid cloud)
- AWS, MS Azure, or other cloud technologies
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.