Job Requisition:Backup/Recovery Administrator
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Backup/Recovery administrator, contingent upon contract award, in White Oak, MD.
The Backup/Recovery administrator is primarily responsible for fulfilling day to day server backup operations and backup / recovery, jobs monitoring and troubleshooting failures. In addition the backup administrator is responsible for loading and unloading/changing tapes, tape library maintenance, sending tapes off site and requesting tapes from off-site as required. In addition, has accountability for ensuring data integrity, and providing detailed documentation of operational procedures.
The Datacenter Contract supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) organizations to provide critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. The datacenter supports systems that continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to respond to customer needs and issues. The Backup and Restore Infrastructure Architect position is a highly visible position to ensure the backup and restoration capabilities are sized, scaled for the future, and structured to meet and exceed the service level agreements for the FDA customer. The person in this position will work directly with the FDA senior leadership team and the Leidos Health Systems program leadership team to ensure success of all aspects of the program including vendor recommendations and solutions, cloud architectures, and other network support responsibilities in a large scale datacenter environment. This position is contingent upon contract award.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Backup and Restore Administrator position include but not limited to the following:
Experience in operating and maintain all backup and recovery activities on/off-premise using multiple mediums including tape and disk with multiple storage types including block-level and object store
• Support the implementation of contemporary backup architectures in compliance with NIST 800-88, FIPS 200 guidance, and NARA General Records Schedules.
• Work as part of a distributed team to provide operational support for a global, enterprise backup/recovery environment.
• Works alongside the program manager and other datacenter management to determine the technical goals of the program and works with program stakeholders to refine those goals into executable objectives.
• Performs quality control checks, ensuring the effectiveness and reliability of the backup systems, tools, and products.
• Take charge of sending and receiving media from off-site storage.
• Responsible for insuring tape media is replaced when tape is near end of life/usefulness.
• Negotiates with stakeholders (Vendors, Customer, etc.) to generate ideas and clarify specifications.
• Works with the other data center backup admin to insure the backup/recovery duties are covered in case of sickness and/or vacation.
• Builds strong professional working relationships with stakeholders to resolves disputes, define technical solutions, and drive positive change within the program.
• Be responsible for working with the customer and external stakeholders (industry leaders, vendors, etc.) to accomplish program goals in which we are dependent on them completing tasks.
• This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively brief FDA government customers.
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyzes for total systems across the FDA network.
• Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with no supervision.
• Some travel (< 20%) may be required.
• Minimum Qualifications
o Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years’ experience within Information Technology
o Additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
o 5+ years of experience with Windows, UNIX or Linux
o 3+ years of experience maintaining an Enterprise Storage and/or Backup/Recovery environment
o FDA customer experience and knowledge of their organizational structure
o AWS or Azure cloud experience and advanced ITIL certifications
o Software HP data protector
o Agile development knowledge and framework
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration3000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.