Job Requisition:Lead Database Administrator
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Lead Database Administrator, contingent upon contract award, in White Oak, MD.
The Datacenter Contract supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) organizations to provide critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. The datacenter supports systems that continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to respond to customer needs and issues.
The Lead Sr. Database Administrator/Engineer position is a highly visible position to ensure the FDA Database architecture is sized, scaled for the future, and structured to provide high availability to meet the service level agreements for the FDA customer. He/She must identify risks, with associated mitigation plans provide a plan for growth of the databases for future growth, consolidations, upgrades, and collaborate with peers and other key staff and customers to ensure a reliable and robust database architecture is established, maintained and providing optimum performance metrics. The successful candidate will have the related database certifications (Oracle Certified Database Professional (OCP or OCA) and or its equivalent in other database as well) and a minimum of 12~15 years of related contract experience defining, trouble shooting and managing comparable databases. Our ideal candidate is a strong Oracle Exadata DBA with Oracle 11g/12c, Oracle RAC, Oracle GoldenGate, Oracle Data Guard/Active Data Guard experience, and hands-on experience supporting MS SQL Server databases (2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017) is preferred.
The Lead Sr. Database Administrator/Engineer shall maintain:
• The current database environment with respect to all security patches as released by the operating system and database software vendors in compliance with all FISMA and FDA processes and procedures
• Predictable planning processes for server and database version upgrades
• Consistent, predictable, and easily understood deployment and administration processes with transparency into stage and status
• Proactive mechanisms for collaboration and communication with all operations functions, system owners and teams, and related stakeholders
• Mechanisms to proactively and continuously identify ways to increase availability and administration efficiency
• Efficient mechanisms for ensuring system and database-level security and system availability/recovery
The person in this position will work directly with the FDA senior leadership team and the Leidos Health Systems program leadership team to ensure success of all aspects of the program including vendor recommendations and solutions, cloud architectures, and other network support responsibilities in a large scale datacenter environment. This position is contingent upon contract award.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Network Management position include but not limited to the following:
To accomplish the identified objectives, the System and Database Administration Lead shall perform services in the following support areas:
• Database Administration Services
• Systems Security Support
• Database Support
• Backup and Recovery Service
• Related Transition Activities
The Lead Database Administration should possess experience:
• Managing a team, or multiple teams, of highly skilled individuals responsible for providing day-to-day operational support in the area of Datbase Server Operations, Database Management, Storage and Backup
• Balancing and adjusting workloads to ensure software products are deployed and/or patched and upgraded in a successful manner, considering and addressing all FISMA, NIST and DoD security guidance, rules and regulations, standards and industry best practices
• Managing teams providing support for Oracle Database Servers hosted on Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Unix/Linux Servers, VMware, and other virtualization software as well as database administration (Microsoft SQL 2008, SQL 2012, and Oracle
• Working collaboratively with clients including application/business owners and their support contractors to maintain and update systems as required
• Maintaining security patches and reducing or eliminating security vulnerabilities
• Working with application/business owners and their support contractors to balance and schedule workload, identify performance bottlenecks and identify system interdependencies to prevent the formation of performance problems
• Hands on experience on Oracle Database-storage environments, data backup, retention and recovery best practices.
• Understanding and meeting Service Level Agreements (established between OIMT and each Agency office) and Service Level Requirements (to meet the service level expectation of the FDA)
• Review all current systems and database administration processes and practices and provide recommendations on straightforward opportunities for improvement
• Identify and discuss any gaps or opportunities associated with system security and system backup and recovery with
• Bachelor’s Degree and Minimum of 8 years of experience in Senior Oracle DBA position
• Experience as a Senior Oracle DBA working with Oracle 11g/12c Multi-tenant RAC and Exadata running on a variety of operating systems (Linux (RHEL), Solaris 11).
• Experience with Oracle Backup Design Planning.
• Expertise with Oracle Database Security - Wallet Configuration & TDE Deployments for 12c Multi-Tenant
• Experience with Oracle Database Upgrade mechanisms of different versions and on various platforms
• Strong hands-on experience with Oracle ASM configuration, deployments, and troubleshooting.
• Monitoring and troubleshooting SQL*Loader/PL/SQL Data Loads for Performance, Coding and Infrastructure issues.
• Experience with UNIX shell scripting for automating regular data loading and other database maintenance activities.
• Critical thinking and problem solving abilities to address complex issues involving data movement and data replication.
• Proven ability to resolve architectural issues in the environment and database infrastructure, as well as develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the database architecture and the application functionality.
• Strong hands-on Experience with the Oracle RMAN Backup and Restore, Export and Import Data Pump utilities.
• Experience working with Oracle 13c OEM for database monitoring.
• Experience with Oracle database provisioning and cloning techniques
• Experience with Oracle Standby Database Server deployments
• Ability to communicate orally and written in a professional manner
• Good time management skills to multitask many project
• Good Project Management Skills
• Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• FDA customer experience and knowledge of their organizational structure
• Agile development knowledge and framework
• Working knowledge of System, Application & Database Monitoring tools such as , Oracle Enterprise Manager, SlorAppDynamics for management of high availability applications
• VMware Virtualization
• Server and PC Hardware Knowledge
• Linux day to day support experience
• PL/SQL, SQL, UNIX scripting experience is preferred
• Certification includes:
• Microsoft MCSA MS SQL 2012, Oracle Certified Professional DBA and others.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.