Job Requisition:Financial Analyst
The Leidos NISC III program is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our team in Washington, DC to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in compiling and reviewing budgets, obligation, and spending data using actual performance, previous budget figures, funding allocations, expense reports, and other data sources to track task orders funds and provide for proper financial administration. The candidate must be able to interact with different stakeholders located in the U.S. to analyze and understand their unique financial processes to compile and provide relevant data. The candidate will ensure that costs are allocated according to established procedures. The candidate will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports and briefings to management. The candidate must be able to deliver with minimal or no supervision, identify deficiencies, be a self-starter, adapt to changes, take the lead when needed, and be an excellent communicator. The candidate will prepare/assist in the preparation of regular financial reports and/or responses to the FAA or Leidos managers, regarding financial requirements and inquiries using a combination of SQL statements and spreadsheets.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or related area and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience of experience in a financial analysis/business operations role
- Advanced MS Office skills (especially Excel Macros/VBA and Pivot tables), as well as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working independently with minimal guidance
- Deep analytical skills to understand complex financial or procedural problems, identify root causes, and provide solutions
- Experience and familiarity with utilizing Oracle database and SQL in financial analysis
- Experience summarizing results and producing management reports to present to customers and management team
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
- Exceptional attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Demonstrable accounting, budgeting and financial analysis, reporting, and management skills
- Independent worker, and able to deliver with minimal or no supervision
- Able to address different stakeholder requirements
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills. Great organization skills to prioritize, follow up, deliver, and communicate status of assigned actions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related discipline
- Experience using Dell TOAD
- Prior DOT/FAA experience
- Knowledge of the following systems/tools: CMIS, DELPHI, PRISM, and REGIS
- Deltek Costpoint and CONCUR experience
- Previous experience in a federal professional services contracting/consulting environment: invoicing, account reconciliations and analysis
- Leadership skill demonstrated in previous employment; innovative approach to projects, ability to work in a team, delegate work, mentor and train junior analysts
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Financial Planning and Analysis2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.