Job Requisition:Office 365 Migration Support
Leidos has an opening for an Office 365 Engineer to support the NASA End-user Services & Technologies (NEST) program. NEST is an IT Services program providing the end user computing needs to NASA. The program provides a range of IT services: On premises and cloud-based Windows and Linux server support, Windows, macOS and Linux desk side support and workstation engineering, managed print services, Active Directory services and Microsoft Exchange/Office 365 support.
The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Operations team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in one of the NASA locations (e.g., Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC), Johnson Space Center (JSC), etc.). The individual will be a Microsoft Exchange/Office 365 Team Member and will be help support the migration from the on-premises NEST Exchange environment to the cloud-based Office 365 (O365) solution. The individual also be responsible for supporting the post-migration activities – use of SharePoint, OneDrive, Skype for Business.
• Working with the O365 Migration Team to support the smooth migration from NOMAD to O365
• Help support the migration processes. Update migration process documentation, as needed.
• Help create user communication to help support a smooth migration
• Understand the NOMAD “as-is” environment and outline processes to utilize the O365 features (e.g., OneDrive, SharePoint, Skype for Business)
• Help define the authentication processes for the O365 environment (e.g., SSO).
• Work in a rapid paced environment
• Maintain and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures
• Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule; also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations
Typical Education and Required Experience:
• Bachelor's degree and two years' experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
• Experience in managing Exchange and O365.
• Good understanding of collaboration technologies and their implementation. Specifically, SharePoint and Skype for Business.
• Demonstrated experience with Exchange support in a multi-platform environment (e.g., Linux, Windows, macOS).
• Good understanding of Windows Servers in design, configuration and the administration of Windows 2008r2, 2012 and 2016.
• PowerShell Script design and coding experience.
• System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
• System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools (e.g., SCOM, SolarWinds, EM7, etc.).
• Good written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
• O365 migration experience is desirable
• MCSE certification preferred.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance the contract, U.S. Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP1 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.