Job Requisition:Research Assistant Engineering
Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is seeking a Research Assistant in Engineering to support our operations at the Naval Submarine Medical Research Laboratory (NSMRL) in Groton, CT. NSMRL conducts research and investigates the effects of medical, psychological, and performance issues associated with the health and performance of naval personnel in operational and non-operational settings. The Research Assistant will be responsible for assisting in research studies and analyses to determine the biomedical response of humans to stressors identified in the special warfare, undersea, diving, and submarine environments.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Provide planning and coordination support for various projects or studies.
· Provide documentation support for various projects or studies with reports, papers, research protocols, presentations, and posters.
· Perform statistical analysis and evaluation of human use or engineering data.
· Prepare, review, and disseminate various internal or external communications.
· Provide other research support to various experimental protocols as required.
· Assist with research on undersea environments and human factors, including open source literature.
· Perform other various tasks, possibly outside one’s area of expertise, to contribute toward project completion.
· Document all work in laboratory notebooks, technical reports, posters, and documentation binders.
· Candidates must have completed a Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, physics, or mathematics.
· Candidates must have documented evidence of research methods experience (Bachelors thesis or course work in research methods).
· Candidates must demonstrate the ability to interact and effectively communicate both written and orally with a wide variety of people.
· Due to Federal contracting requirements, candidates must be US Citizens.
· The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
· Familiarity with HIPAA, PHI/PII compliance, etc. is highly desired.
· Foundational knowledge of MATLAB, LabView, Tableau, JAVA or Python is desired.
· Computer literacy, Microsoft Office proficiency and working knowledge of statistical software preferred.
· Skills should include a foundational and theoretical understanding of general scientific principles.
· Experience in a human subject research setting and experience in the US federal government system is highly desired.
· Work is to be primarily performed on a government installation. The normal work week is Monday through Friday 0730 to 1600.
· CONUS travel (~10%) may be required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Life Scientist2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.