Job Requisition:Semester-Long Software Co-Op Intern
Leidos has a job opening beginning in the Summer /Fall of 2019 OR Winter/Spring of 2020 for a Software Engineer Intern/Co-Op in Reston, VA.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
Work will consist of a wide range of projects to include: mobile app design and development, securing mobile devices including communications, integration and interface development of various security products, integration and interface development of various analytic products, implementation of automated behavioral analysis tools to monitor network traffic, integration of mobile capabilities for logistics, modernization of web-based user interfaces.
Tasks that Students will perform:
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Perform software analysis, design, development and test of specific requirements related to Windows, Linux and mobile operating systems.
- Determine system and software specifications and architecture to meet customer requirements.
- Current enrollment in an accredited college or university, pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or directly related field.
- The student must be willing/able to take a semester off to work through the (July/Aug 2019 - Dec 2019/Jan 2020) (January 2020-June 2020) semester.
- Knowledge of Java, XML/XSL, mobile application programming, and database systems.
- Additional skills should include knowledge of mobile technologies, web services, SOA, C/C+, LINUX, encryption, security, and communications.
- Proficiency in computer applications, languages, technologies, set-up and configurations, trouble shooting, and system design.
- US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
- Eligible to obtain a DoD Secret Security clearance.
- Familiarity with software security requirements and Information Assurance policies.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.